AutoInvest - Feedback

@joe39 Welcome to the community. Have a look here. You will be surprised!

By the way, you can make a pie consisting of just one stock and then autoinvest and dividend-reinvest into that.

3 Likes

Just two additional ideas for what must be a long list.

1. Ability to pause autoinvest on specific investments within a Pie without having to export them. I want their income to be re-invested but not to increase my holding in them.
  2. Self Balancing option for Auto Dividend reinvestmentā€™s (currently only available at target weights)
1 Like

Yes, this is an important aspect that is missing.

Hey Iā€™m not sure if this has been talked about before, but only noticed because of the huge cash in my pie from the Apple and Tesla sales, but I have to put in the minimum investment on top of my pies cash in order to invest? So I have Ā£200 in cash I want to put back in but now I have to put another Ā£20 in on top of it to send a buy order

2 Likes

I am really looking forward to this partā€¦ Hopefully it is soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can withdraw the free cash from the pie and just put it back to execute the buy

2 Likes

You can withdraw the money from pie, deposit it back in from free funds with custom balance into aapl/tsla to get around that.

I actually tried to post about it :stuck_out_tongue:

Feature suggestion: normalizing, clear percentages, equal weight

@George Iā€™m just trying Pies, itā€™s a great new feature.
Iā€™d suggest adding a normalizing feature: when we add new stocks to an existing pie, they come at 1% - it would be nice to have a button to assign equal weights. Or even better, to scale up existing %s to 100%. For example Iā€™d have 4 stocks in a pie, would set all to 1% and one of them to 2%, then press Normalize button and would have 3 of them at 20% and one at 40%.

Like this:
Before:

After:

In fact it would be nice to add all these 3 options:

Thanks!

5 Likes

Hey Peter, what sowfware is that? :thinking:

@laguiar Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s ok to promote other products here, but the post can be moderated down if yes. Itā€™s Portfolio Visualizer.

1 Like

Thatā€™s Portfolio Visualizer

1 Like

@George why were the shares of Tesla and Apple not split in the pies but instead they were paid out in cash. I only noticed once the market had closed, causing me to miss the 16% gain in Tesla!!!
I feel this is not right. A stock split should never lead to Trading 212 selling a clientā€™s shares. And if you have to do this for technical reasons then you should at least immediately reinvest the proceeds in the same stock.
Can you please change the way that Trading 212 handles stock splits in the future.

1 Like

It generally doesnā€™t lead to that. Currently, there are some exceptions related to fractional shares which can lead to selling some of the position or the whole position if it is very small. Here you can find more info on how exactly fractional shares get split. Tesla stock split - #225 by Martin

Yes, we have to do that due to technical reasons. Weā€™re also not happy with the current solution and will improve the process.

2 Likes

Can you elaborate on the technical reasons please?

Ok, the UK bank holiday appears to have messed up my Autoinvest for yesterday. I have a pie with mixed US and UK stocks and the money was taken from my account as normal in the morning. The US stocks were purchased in the afternoon but no pending orders for the UK stocks were carried over to today (tue). This left free cash in my Pie and then when I bought the Stocks manually, it took the monies from my Invest account and not from the free cash in the pie!

1 Like

Any ETA for the first version to go live? Especially the desktop version. Itā€™s September now :wink:

3 Likes

Upvoted, any updates? @David

1 Like

Will a feature that allows buying just a particular stock be implemented? I noticed that when I deposit in a pie, it will automatically buy shares based on the target, but sometimes there are stocks more attractive than others and would be nice to manually select which one to buy.

That is not where pies are used for. You can just buy and sell stocks outside pies like you do now.