AutoInvest - Feedback

Hi folks, I know Iā€™ve seen it somewhere but canā€™t remember where, hope here is ok for the question, Iā€™m after the formula for the minimum invest amount into my pie. Which is 18 instruments.
Thanks in advance!

Not about how many instruments, itā€™s about how much the lowest allocation is. 0.5% is Ā£40, 1% is Ā£20.
Just multiply Ā£0.20 by the fraction of 100%. 0.5% is a 200th. Therefore 200*Ā£0. 20 is Ā£40

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt responce George

Ah I see thatā€™s great thanks Cavan. Gonna have to try and keep this comment handy for future reference!

I havenā€™t been able to find any information on how Auto Invest will distribute my funds.
From what I have seen it looks like the funds will be split per my original weightings not based on their current percentages
i.e. if my pie has 2 stocks both set at 50% from the beginning, then one increases to 75% of the pie.
I would expect my next auto investment to assign more of the free funds to the stock currently at 25% to bring these back inline with my desired weightings.
Currently it looks like my funds will be split 50/50 leaving my actual weightings outside of my desired weightings.

Without this in place I will have to resell stocks to bring the percentages down rather than being able to buy more in the lower stocks to bring everything in line.

Hi there,
Yes you are correct that auto-invest will use your funds towards the normal set targets and not a ā€˜self-balancingā€™ target. I think this is in the pipeline to go along with manual invest, where you can use your account funds in any of 3 ways

-By targets : as you mentioned this will add to your stocks according to set target allocation

-Self Balancing : This is what your looking for with Auto-invest, if one stock is 25% above target, then it will receive 25% less allocation.

Custom - you choose where all 100% of your allocation goes.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Awesome news and thanks for the info!
Do you know when this is likely to be launched?

Self balancing for manual deposits is already live and always has been. I donā€™t believe thereā€™s a timeline for when the auto-investing will have it yet but itā€™s a pretty popular request.

@George any timeline for self-balancing autoinvest deposits?

Hey guys I need help with something. I withdrew money from a pie and now they are in the cash pie. How do I get the money out of the (cash) pie to invest them somewhere else?

Iā€™d love an option to disable deposits over the weekend.

This is because it stacks up 2 days worth over the weekend and then unloads it all on Monday, putting over-emphasis on the monday open price while trying to average in.

Currently I set an alarm to toggle AutoInvest Off on Friday evening, then On on Sunday evening. This works but it would be great to be truly 100% hands-free.

1 Like

Go to Portofolio->Pies->Click the Pie you want->Overview->Click Invest/Withdraw funds->go to Withdraw tab->Select to amount you want to withdraw.

This amount will move from Pieā€™s cash to account Free Funds.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Yes, market trading days only would be a nice option for autoinvest frequency.

If a single instrument in my pie has taken a dip and I want to add to that one only, how would I do this?

Well there is multiple options really.

You can essentially have limit orders for stock outside pie. Once trigger just import to pie.

You can manually buy outside pie.

Or you can do Manual Invest in pie, then do custom fund distribution, set 100% to the stock of choice.

3 Likes

Hi there,

Can anyone explain how to invest my free cash deposited into 1 specific pie?
I cannot find the way to invest the deposit into the specific pie (I have 2 pies)

Thanks for helping

Hi @Jeffrey_C, if you go into your pie, on the first page is a deposit/withdraw button.

Thanks, actually found myself the solution using the app on the iPhone rather than the website. :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy to see I can now add to pies from watchlists :slight_smile: donā€™t know when that changed, but I like!

3 Likes

Pies and Autoinvest are very powerful tools and I can really see these help me achieve my goals.

One feature I would like to see improved soon would be the Investment day be different then the deposit funds date.

If I pay into the Pies every 1st of the Month (when I receive my salary) then Pies invest on that day. Good and Bad. That particular day might not be a good day as everything is overpriced. Maybe for the past 3 days the prices has been only going up.

It would be nice to have an option asking us if we want to proceed or Postpone. Or even better Autoinvest in the next 3-5 days based on averages. Prices usually have dipping moments quite often. Would be awesome to buy at a better price that Now price.

The feature of AutoInvest needs to somehow stay away from buy at all time highs at least. Or maybe Deposit day is one day per month but the Purchase are made daily or weekly instead of a one lump sum purchase

@George Seems like the projection status indicators are a bit inaccurate based on the descriptions of 10% over/under etc ā€¦?

1 Like