Baillie Gifford [discussion] 📃

Thanks for the info.

So do I incur the £11.95 fee each time I add money to an ETF or Trust? Or just the first time I buy and if I sell everything? (Entry/Exit fee)?

I’d love to get in to the Health Innovation Fund as well as some others.

Do they charge for moving an ISA to them?

Unfortunately, you pay £11.95 each buy & sell - so multiple smaller buys ie trading will be very costly.

This is why i build up a large amount first in funds, then cash out to make a one off purchase of a ETF or Trust.

1 Like

No charge for ISA move and i do believe they have a cash back offer too. but check on their website first.

1 Like

Hmm okay thanks for the info, I’m not sure it would work well for me, I invest when I have spare money and I see the price is low, it would eat in to my profits at £11.95 per trade.

1 Like

So true.
£11.95 is extortion lol.

This is why i do love 212. To feed my trading needs.

2 Likes

Currently it doesnt list the holdings and mission statement on HL, also havent found it listed on BG own website. Keen to look at the holdings before considering this.

Just to point out that HL does have a monthly investment option, which costs £1.50 per trade rather than £11.95. It is only available for a limited number of securities but I imagine the most popular BG trusts are among them.

1 Like

you can. search for it using google. all holdings are listed on Baillies ‘Ireland’ site.

All info is there, as this fund originally listed in Ireland,

https://www.bailliegifford.com/en/ireland/professional-investor/funds/worldwide-health-innovation-fund

True, but this is for regular investing which happens just once per month on the 7th.

1 Like

Yeah, if I remember rightly, the money’s taken on the 7th then invested on the 10th of the month.

1 Like

Positive Change Fund’s Keystone Investmemt trust looks interesting, hopefully added to Trading212 in February.

It’s worth doing a comparison of all of the big providers fees and charges as it will depend on how much you are investing as to whose charges will be most beneficial to you.

Eg. HL, A J Bell, Fidelity, et al, charge a percentage of holdings, so while this is the best option for smaller accounts, this will go up with your holdings. Upside to some of these guys is the free or lower cost trade execution.

Interactive Investor however has a flat fee structure of £9.99 per month (+ another £9.99 if you take a SIPP with them) but their trades are £7.99 apiece. Not as good for smaller accounts but if, using the example above, your account is worth £1,000,000, you’re only paying £120 per year, £240 if you have a SIPP.

Worth doing the analysis for yourself and applying your own investment valueto the outcome. Im sure most, if not everyone here, gets that but worth saying aloud anyway. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Those brokers are rip offs at best but criminals at worst. I started off with them before i got to know about T212. Due to those charges i was forced doing big bets to reduce the unit cost per share, DCA with those brokers are counter productive imo.

I still have small amount with AJ & HL just to keep them open and receive news feeds on UK stocks.

Ah ok thanks, wil keep that in mind as has nice significant differenced to my other holdings. compared to some funds which overlap too much for me.

Meant to say the added benefit to HL is that they often negotiate better discounts on certain funds so charegs are slightly less, but you’d need to factor that into any research you do.

Its already on 212 under KIT, but still managed by Invesco.

They’re in no way criminal. As for a rip off… it really depends, some are a bit expensive but their prices aren’t that bad.

1 Like

Also available on AJ Bell and Charles Stanley Direct

You can get access through AJ Bell but need to pass a test first. I’ve not looked in to it yet but I’m assuming it’s based on your trading experience, i.e. number of trades, frequencies and what types of instrument.