[CFD] Upcoming Increase in Margin Requirements - postponed for 01.12.2020

Updates made. You can now input the margin % you would be comfortable sitting at. Remember margin call is 50% and positions close at 25%

6 Likes

Tradingview is awesome for idea sharing and analyses. Very detailed views of stocks and loads of indicators to use. Too bad it isnā€™t a brokerā€¦ Iā€™ve always used it together with T212.

1 Like

I agree with you ! 212 is the only one with excellent rating on Trustpilot, all the rest are hideous by what I read ! Better stay with the devil you know ā€¦

1 Like

Excellent work!

Margin call is 45%.

Instead of everyone leaving maybe it would better if we somehow as a community help @Team212 build a better product/platform.

People should not leave just because of a couple of difficult moments. The reality is we are all here because it is the best platform. With our help and constructive criticism they can continue to be the best next year as well.

On my end I would like to congratulate @Team212 and @Tony.V for their response and for listening to us.

In the past couple of weeks there have been issue where they had to make difficult decisions
Of course some of the decisions have not been too popular, but they do need to keep T212 afloat and profitable or they will not be here next year.

And I believe that even some of the decisions were in the best interest of the company they did eventually listen to the community.

I congratulate them for finding a balance between keeping T212 afloat and keeping us, as users, happy.

4 Likes

Is it? Itā€™s always been 50% for me!

My blocked funds are at Ā£9100 and my margin is 44% currently. I have a balance of Ā£8170. How much will I need to make it to 50%. ?

Peter

Why not input those numbers here.

I just read ā€œTuesdayā€ earlier and breathed a sigh of relief.

Now Iā€™m thinking about the time. Is there any significance to your phrase ā€œafter the start of the US sessionā€? All the US instruments that I use on CFD are available on the pre-market from 09:00 each day. 14:30 is only significant to ISA/INVEST.

Perhaps Iā€™m overanalysing your wording?

Also, Iā€™ve just noticed that the market times for Apple, Amazon, Tesla, etc. in the CFD platform are currently showing as 14:30 to 17:59, i.e. there is no pre or post-market. Is that intentional? Will we be able to trade US instruments from 09:00 until the end of the post-market on both Monday and Tuesday?

1 Like

I think what @Supraman meant is you actually get the notification email at 45% account health about the Margin Call.

The mobile (phone)/ desktop apps indeed displays 50% on the chart.

Gotcha, that makes sense! Iā€™ve fortunately never hit 45% before.

Also your battery is giving me untold anxiety.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

20somethingā€¦

In that screenshot your margin indicator is at 50%, but the ā€œmargin callā€ line is static at 45%.

If you put Ā£100 in your CFD account and then invest it all, youā€™ll have 50% margin until the prices fluctuate enough to increase or decrease it. It wouldnā€™t make sense to send out an email at 50%, since many people will only fund their account with what they intend to invest and would therefore receive a margin call immediately.

@Supraman Correct, youā€™re right. I looked closer and the ā€œmargin callā€ line indeed is around 45%.

What I wanted to convey is that in the mobile app it ā€œseemsā€ like 50% because of the price fluctuations as you mentioned. So maybe that was the reason @obrienciaran thought the actual ā€œMargin Callā€ is at 50%.

Thought maybe it is relevant for the calculations in @obrienciaran ingenious web application:

Although it is already incorporated as I can see now.

2 Likes

More than likely you all know this, but remember to have a little room to give - as there is nothing saying the market will/wonā€™t gap up or down on the day, regardless of what T212 is doing. This could mess people up if they are only just on the edge of covering the margin.

3 Likes

Youā€™re right yes, I see it now. I always assumed 50%!

Regardless, the calculations will work!

2 Likes

Also, I think it currently says 50% somewhere on the T212 website. Perhaps it was 50% in the past.

1 Like

You make some fine points there. I think the huge indulgence in the EV market from many people has put their noses out of joint. They also blocked more stocks from being bought recently. They have cash flow problems as you say .

1 Like

I closed some positions and want to withdraw some free funds. It shows ZERO available for withdrawal.

I tried this today multiple times but amount was not available. I wonder why.

I saw in this thread someone else having the same issue!

Anyone else experiencing the same regarding the free funds withdrawal?

OMG i do hope extended hour trading remains on Monday and Tuesdays, pre-market and after-hours is another market entirely and one i much prefer.