Crypto currency plans

How about blockchain being used as a voting system?

I don’t think any of that was actually serious. Well I wasn’t.

I actually think it could/will be done.

Lads, totally irrelevant, not like any of my other posts.

Why can I buy stupid meme volatile stocks on CFDs but not Beazley…I timed that double dip a treat and I can’t get on it with leverage…

This for me has to be one of the most obvious use cases.

Im all about using the right tool for the right job but Blockchain has so many applications really.

Big volcano at it again.

In all honesty, what are people’s thoughts on El Salvador making Bitcoin legal tender? I know it’s a very corrupt country, but it seems strange for me that a country would adopt something which they have no control over the mint or economics of as legal tender. I hear they’re trying to reduce their over reliance on the US treasury; but it seems they’ve gone from one extreme to another.

So MS13 can take over the world.

Here’s an interesting bit about the IMF pissed off at El Salvador

Venezuela, El Salvador, it’s interesting to see what kind of countries are the front-runners in legal tendering the cryptos.

2 Likes

Shorting clover lads, nice little earner.

I don’t know nearly enough about cryptocurrencies or blockchain but I’m part of this forum to learn… Thanks for the entertaining discussion so far!

3 Likes

Oh god! I’m sure there will be one nugget of wisdom amongst these posts.

1 Like

We need cryptos to be at least a parallel financial system at minimum. Enough of a small group of bankers deciding our fate. Decentralisation is very necessary. CBDCs won’t do at all.They don’t change the fact that these same group of bankers deciding our fate. Power to the people.

1 Like

I’m with the bankers, I don’t want peasants running my life. People power never ends well, bring back the feudal state, public executions and labour camps. Ian Huntley can hang first.

Think each prisoner costs 80k a year to keep.

Ridding someone like Ian would save a fortune annually but not only could we get rid of the expense we could turn the event into an income stream. How you ask? PPV!

Reminds me of equality vs equity.

3 Likes

Or more like this…

unnamed

How about liberation. Anyone can be their own bank, no middleman taking a slice, the same currency in any part of the world. People aren’t done over by their own governments handling of their currency. A decentralised approach where no single authority has too much power.

the4thpanel-branded-wide-4_orig

Covid…
Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 16.10.52

2 Likes

No need to worry on that. Trust me, the people who created the blockchains one would imagine are more intelligent than bankers and politicians that have so much say on how we live our lives.

Phil

In both your depictions the situation is fair regarding equity :wink:, only difference is the kid still has his legs but that can be resolved

Making a crypto as legal tender could damage the Government Bond’s Yields.

The investors could ask for more interest rate or start to sell the bonds (putting upward pressure on the yields) or having less interest in lending money to countries with crypto as legal tender (upward pressure on the yields).

The nation’s bonds dropped, sending the yield on its bonds coming due in 2025 up 71 basis points to 7.8% at 10:40 a.m. in New York. El Salvador’s bonds are the worst performers in emerging markets this week, according to a Bloomberg Barclays index.

“The plans for Bitcoin under an increasingly autocratic regime will likely only compound concerns about corruption, money laundering and the independence of regulatory agencies,” Siobhan Morden, head of Latin America Fixed Income Strategy at Amherst Pierpont, wrote in a note.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-10/imf-sees-risks-in-el-salvador-law-making-bitcoin-legal-tender

Or keeping the little guy down whilst others that don’t really need it take the extra.

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 18.11.03

Or this…

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 18.28.58

1 Like

This you Phil?

3 Likes