Did you buy the dip? (buying the dip)

Yes buying some more today.

Added a new position as the Value of the Stock seems low at the moment.

Smurfit Kappa

What about DS Smith?

I will need to look into that one, but sounds interesting.

What has everyone been buying :smiley:

Need to have a proper look at discounts etc. before properly weighing in but threw a few hundred quid at my pie a couple of hours ago.

Nothing hugely exciting tbh:
https://www.trading212.com/pies/l7iRLJp7JYLyW9suxD0j8FcaCUcU

1 Like

That should be pretty resilient. Here’s mine for individual stocks but I’m mainly in indexes

https://www.trading212.com/pies/l7aghskZJz7bwkauLTwslqylfgTc

1 Like

Aye…this one not so resilient.

Bit to go before buying more
https://www.trading212.com/pies/l7iRLJp7JYLyW9suxDBwJLTi1KBh

Solid enough. I have BP outside my pie. Did have berkshire but was a lot of overlap so sold it.

Facebook and the SP500 for me :grinning:

What about yourself

Bought more GOLD, SKG and JLG I believe.

I know Gold Prices influence the Mining Stocks but their Financials were solid the other week it makes no sense that it went down as much as it did. I am confident this will bounce back once Gold gains traction.

SKG did that weird Down then back Up slope. Got it whilst nearer the bottom and was up by £5at one point then it slid back to near where I paid it at

Nothing major just small amounts but added to:

NEE
MELI
AAPL
MSFT
JNJ
BP
NET

As well as some ETFs

@Hbomb @TInvest how are you guys feeling about BP. Are you in it for the long haul?

Well yes and no :smiley: generally all my stocks are long term, but with ones like BP there are factors like oil prices/demand and also their shift to renewables. So right now I like the direction they are going and at the right pace not getting rid of all ‘old’ energy instantly but tapering to renewables.
I think also that stocks like BP are/were seen as ‘has beens’ over last year or so, people thiking covid will bring about pure renewables etc but what will power us till then? And which companies will do renewables? Well BP and similar :smiley: They just bought massive off short wind in UK recently. Also in rush to de-carbon investments many pensions etc have got rid of energy majors and other ‘dirty’ companies, but when BP is still chugging out dividends (reduced 50% when covid hit but doesn affect me I bought based on new figure) and if oil price stay strong for next couple years some serious share buybacks on the cards. Those funds etc may well come back as the big FTSE companies still provide good solid returns to shareholders if bought at the right price.
And my opening yes and no was if BP surged to like 450-500p then I would for sure take some profit off the table. But right now in the low/mid 300p I wont be selling, not a chance as I wanna see where this oil price goes and to see how BPs buybacks kick in 2022.

The biggest question is at what price to still keep buying BP with its recent rally? That I haven’t quite decided.

1 Like

Yes my feeling is that BP is best placed of all Oil companies to change to green and renewable energy and seem to have the most desire to do so. On that alone, it is a long term hold for me. However, I have yet to find an exit strategy with BP I am happy with. Maybe profit taking at the 500 range and then play with house money. I’m not sure.

I would say no fix target needed, just hold long but like with anything just pay attention each quarter to results and any major news, if you feel like they are not doing the right things you may decide to reduce holding etc, or if they are performing well increase it.

I guess the long term view depends on your preference to short to medium term capital gains, or longer term dividend income.

2 Likes

I saw some dips pre market few hours back but seemingly changes back more neutral. Lets see what this week has in store for US stocks :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s serving 2 purposes for me. 1 - I think there’s a bit of growth to go. 2 - it’s a bit of a hedge against a portfolio that it more weighted towards us tech.

BP is only c2.5% of my portfolio so not huge.

I was also holding it as a hedge. I cashed out today for profit though and bought the dip on Scottish Mortgage.

I’ll likely buy back into BP down the line.