ETR:DAI Daimler AG soon to be Mercedes-Benz

Look like the trucks division will be floating around €35bn. DAI right now is trading at €71bn so a roughly half split, shareholders likely to get 1 trucks share for every DAI they hold? What do people think happens to the DAI price afterwards?

From the official statement:

Significant majority stake to be distributed to current Daimler shareholders

1 Like

I am quite interested in this.

It will be interesting to see the individual accounts when they split them, I don´t know how they will be splitting the debt. I will be monitoring this one, I may buy shares before the split (to get both) of after. I am currently mainly interested in the truck division, but I guess it also depoends on things such as how they split the debt. Also, I have not looked at what the actual revenues and profits of the two divisions are.

1 Like

Not sure if 212 supports receiving shares from this sort of arrangement. I am sure I’ve read before that you just get the cash equivalent as if the new shares were sold.

1 Like

Yes, I believbe that is the case.
However, I have not seen a date for the split, so I imagine that it will be in at least 6 months time, so hopefully by then T212 support getting shares from split offs and scrip dividends.
It might be wishful thinking though, but the team have achieved quite a lot in just the last year, so maybe :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope that they can. I will be in the same situation as you when GSK splits itself into two companies.

1 Like

In 2019 Cars/Vans Revenue was €108.7bn with €250m EBIT, Trucks/Bus Revenue was €44.2bn with €2.7bn EBIT. There’s also €28.6bn in sales with €2.1bn in the mobility division which is supposed to be split evenly but some of that ride sharing stuff that is probably going to be abandoned. Trucks has better margins usually but has rebounded way slower than cars so far, and will also have higher R&D costs related to electrification/hydrogen than autos.

I also don’t understand why they can’t just institute this, don’t they hold our shares under nominee anyway? How hard can it really be when every other broker does it.

1 Like

Thank you for the numbers.

Also, according to the information on the T212 app, Daimler invested 6.55 billion Euros in Research and Development in 2019.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-20/daimler-showcases-the-truckmaking-behemoth-it-will-soon-spin-off

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.

Have they announced at any point when they are aiming to spin it off?

By end of the year afaik.

1 Like