Limit order on fractional shares

Why can’t we place a limit order on fractional shares? Why does it have to be whole shares?

5 Likes

We’re currently developing limit, stop and stop/limit orders with fractional shares :slight_smile:

13 Likes

@George

I would love possibilities to set price based on %.

Ie buy limit -5% current price, limit 2. -10%. Etc :slight_smile:

Make it happen please :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is a nice idea. We will add it to our backlog. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Good idea! :+1:
I would add also an option to choose the currency (basically it adapts on the FX rate).

Hi any idea on when you will release this feature? Thanks

George, do you have any date on this feature? It’s so important , it determine my attitude in buying stocks because I cannot afford to buy a full stock as amazon or google…and if fractioned I need an instrument to keep my risk under control

Hopefully it comes with major update in May…

By the end of Q3 or earlier.

1 Like

Hi any news on when this feature will be implemented?

2 Likes

Considering the volatility of the market, I think you should prioritize this thing. It makes no sense imho to have fractional shares if you cannot set a sell limit or stop limit!

3 Likes

I agree, to manage risk i need to put stops in the fractional shares

3 Likes

I was looking long time for the stop limit in fractional shares, any news about?

2 Likes

I don’t want to be a pain but wondered if you had an updated timescale on this feature, It is just that I have recently got into trading, but now I am working part-time again it means that I sometimes start a trade on one day, and the day where it gets to a price that I am happy with will often be a day that I am working, this means it can quite often go the other way and result in me losing more money.

I appreciate you must be under a lot of stress right now but just wanted to highlight the importance of this feature and how much more accessible it would make low-value trading for people that can’t always be looking at their pc/phone app.

Many Thanks.

2 Likes