Goldstone Resources🛎 stock request

@Scrooge_McCodf, just out of curiosity, how much of your portfolio do you invest in very risky* (quasi-speculative) miners? 5%? 10%?

That’s a great idea - a newly added stocks category. I hope they add that feature.

1 Like

Actually there is a section on the app called NEW ON TRADING 212 but it only includes a handful of stocks. Not exactly sure how often it is updated either :smiley:

1 Like

@CeeGee that also might solve your cheap stocks itch, although volatility going through these ones is horrific. Could be quite damaging. I’d personally avoid.

1 Like

I agree. I’d never dive into anything too heavy - my poor old nervous system couldn’t cope :exploding_head:

I like a dose of safe ETF’s covering the world with a side of speculative (By side I mean less than a handful) and a few single stocks that I hope will grow and I follow the news often on those two stocks.

I like a bit of danger but just a sprinkle because I like my money too much :rofl:

2 Likes

Currently ~$7. Currently marked as a momentum trap but the above certainly might mitigate that ranking. 179% year on year growth rate is not to be sniffed at.

1 Like

Market cap is nearly 10bn though - not a small cheap company in any sense of the word.

1 Like

Nope. I’m in on them quite significantly (3% of folio).

No Tesla, but certainly not a $7 company in my view. Certainly not when SHLL, who haven’t even merged are sitting at 3x the price.

Share price is irrelevant.

SHLL’s total market cap is less then a 10th of NIO.

In other words NIO is priced over 10x SHLL.

So is NIO undervalued or SHLL overvalued?

I already know the latter is partially true but both are potential momentum traps with potential to shake that off and go places.

I like them both is what I’m saying! :wink:

NIO is 100% overvalued.

SHLL no-one knows.

I am in on Nio also and think it will continue to go up, however, this statement is true.

The actual share price of a company is irrelevant, what is important is the market capitalisation, which is the result from multiplying the current share price by the total number of shares. The market capitalisation is basically the total market value of a company. (How much you would in theory have to pay to buyout a company… obviously its just a value, if you actually made an acquisition offer you would have to pay a premium).

For example, Tesla is currently at 1100 USD a share and has the highest market capitalisation (total market value) for a automobile producer/manufacturer.
However, it could decide to do a share split of 1000 shares per every existing share and make the share price come down to 1.10 USD (and every existing share holder would have 1000 times more shares), this would bring its share price down but would keep its market capitalisation the same, so it would continue to be the “most valuable” car manufacturer.

Regarding Nio, my main concerns are actually its balance sheet (very high debt) and whether it will actually be able to expand into other countries, considering that there may be an movement in western nations towards buying less from Chinese firms and the fact that there is alot of the car that it does not self-produce.
However its high market capitalisation is also a risk, yes. But at least this firms sells cars, unlike Nikola :joy:.

Nio is not a significant part of my portfolio though and I intend to divest if the USA goes ahead with its de-listing of chinese stocks.

1 Like

Ahhh someone’s been using Stockopedia… a man of culture!
:smiley:

1 Like

You love it.

And I do too. :grin:

1 Like

Greatland Gold chart not working today on the app @David

Bushveld isn’t either it’s been still since 1st around 4pm :flushed: @David

@Hadders3 No new BUY price today.

@CeeGee Same. ^

2 Likes

@David Thats weird though theres been like 200+ trades today from 8am-1:20pm

Are you saying the feed from LSE isn’t updating?

85 bushveld so far

1 Like

@David @George @anon86329651

Yeah so it should have looked like this today

What we got in T212 was the same 12.00 repeated until 16.09

Is it a problem with the feed, anything you can do to fix please :pray:

1 Like

2 Likes