Please remove the 95% limit when buying a stock

Could you guys please remove the 95% limit when buying a stock, its starting to get annoying not being able to use the remaining 5% of my funds.

Screenshot_2

3 Likes

Tip: Create new pie, with only your stock in it. Trow all available funds into the new pie. Done.

Of course you can export the stock out of the pie and delete the pie as you need. Or keep it for next month. It’s your choice.

2 Likes

Good thing to know its doable like that, Hopefully T212 will decide to just remove that restriction in the near future. Thanks for the tip :+1:t4:

2 Likes

+1 for this, I just dont see the reason for it? especially on limit orders whereby the trade won’t occur or market price change during execution.

Its so annoying for people like myself that only topup the accounts with the amount of money required to process a trade. I dont hold Cash in my accounts im fully invested at all times.

1 Like

The main reason the limitation exists is for placing orders across different currencies. The order information is fixed at the currency of the stock you want to buy however the exchange rate is moving so the amount of funds you need to block in your account will change. If you don’t have enough funds the order gets cancelled. 5% is a margin against currency volatility though I don’t think it should apply to stocks that are the same currency as your account.

2 Likes

5% seems a high margin for currency fluctuations during a small window of execution on market orders and limit orders for when they trigger surely?

1 Like

Limit orders set to GTC have no deadline. As for market orders the stock price is constantly moving alongside currency and movements of 3%+ while waiting for it to fill are not unheard of here.

2 Likes

for a market order with 100% of free funds, just purchase based on value and use every last penny you have, any fees will be deducted inside of that and you will get your shares once it completes, though it does mean fractional shares to tidy up later. to automate that, as Rygel said above you can make a pie for the individual stock.

2 Likes