Pls remove "Stop Loss value is too far from the current market price" - ✅ Solved

I’m getting this when current price is $25.60 and apparently even $25.4 is too far away

Hi is it possible to change the main order distance on TWLO? i am trying to put a buy-stop order only 5% above the price and it says the “price of the main order is too far from the current price”.

thanks, m

Hi, any update on this? I’m currently having to open a lot of positions on Plus500 as keep running into the “stop loss value to far from the price of the main order”.

Thanks , Mark

1 Like

I’d like to be able to do this on AML. It’s a volatile stock.

I Can only do trailing stop on Square of £10 below the price. On Plus500 I can set a trailing stop with a distance of any percentage. This is a deal breaker for me. I need to be able to put a trailing stop of my choice or at least 30%. Is this the case on all stocks and can this be changed? If not I’ll stay with Plus500.

Thanks

@Tjokkie Increased significantly for Square. Soon we’ll be scrapping max distances altogether.

3 Likes

Hi David could you remove the limit on Idex (ideanomics) as well please.

Ideanomics doesn’t have limit regarding it’s pending order’s price target, however, if you are referring to the inability of opening a new long position due to restrictions in the maximum trading quantity - it is done due to risk management measures.

can you change for Algn in isa. trying to raise my stop and says its to far away…its only like 5%

@David

1 Like

Hi, could you remove the limit for GameStop (GME)?

@Leonardo25 Done. :white_check_mark:

Is it possible to set it for the take profit (limit) price too? I can’t set it higher.

@David, could you please remove/increase the take profit limit for TI Fluid Systems, thanks a lot!

@David @Martin I am trying to add stop losses positions in the ISA and invest platforms but get a message stating this is too far from the price. Could you please remove the restrictions for:
AYX
AMWL
APPS
ETSY
FSLY
FUBO
HYLN
MGNI
PAGS
PYPL
SKLZ
STNE
U

Thanks

Any news on when this issue is going to be resolved? trying to protect myself with a stop limit on
COUV
ABML
TLSS
MRMD
But can’t as its too far.

1 Like

Hi David, Could you please remove the restriction for Plug Power?
Cheers

Any chance this could be done for Argo Blockchain? I’m trying to set a limit buy order.

1 Like

@David Is it possible to have a functionality to have stop loss in percentage? for example 10% and then it should always calculate from the current value?

it would be a nice option. “Dynamic Stop Loss”

Thanks.

This issue is quite well known right now. Especially in the now so volatile market, this should not be happening. Just get rid of the stupid limiter already. Or at least broaden the range. Set a max of 10-15% or something.

Now I’m often unable to set a limit order for 2% swings. WTF?!

2 Likes

Second this, it wouldn’t let me set it .25 from the current price so I think it’s bugged also.