Sale price ***BABA / Alibaba***

I hope bear trap. Pay day arrived 4 hours after market open so Iā€™m absolutely raging I missed the opportunity to get in yesterday evening when BABA was in the 150ā€™s.

2 Likes

Ha Iā€™m clinging on till payday too. Mines 24 hours after you though so Iā€™m hoping for bear trap and then a 24 hour flat period :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

We can only hope! This price is just too enticing.

1 Like

I think, daily fluctuations are not good enough to judge if a share is entering into bear/bull market unless you are a high frequency trader. some of the biggest stocks in chinese market is jumping up and down these days.

If you thought BABA/BILI/BIDU/BZUN etc were good stocks yesterday, they are still good stocks today, just 10% more expensive :smiley:

My payday is on 27th and Iā€™m only sad about missing STNE was planning to get some more before the earnings announcement on 30th. Thatā€™s only because Iā€™m already loaded on it, and had no intention to buy more until this years ride from $90 to below $48. Then this ark invest lady started buying it, and itā€™s over 55 againā€¦

1 Like

Interesting news, govt backed companies working with Ant on a new joint venture. Good potential sign for BABA who owns large stake of Ant. Govt just wanted to buy the dip in Chinese equities. :smiley:

1 Like

Would You ever See BABA around $155 again !!!. Lol you might have missed the boat. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: But at the current price might still a good buy considering fundamental of this company ā€¦

1 Like

Agree, I think anything under $250 is great.

Although this week, is $176 a trap? Are we on the way back up or can we see another downturn soon? If there are any traders with technicals.

There is already catalyst to accelate it to the full speed. Read the news originally posted by HBomb above. I think Alibaba and Ant group are too big to fail without causing the CCP a big trouble. Also Chinese stockmarkets are not big enough to accomodate the growth of these giants.

More news this morning, note the link/news source is Alibaba owned so unlikely to be unbiased :smiley: But reading between the lines of recent news is some deal/agreement between govt and big tech in China.

Figures wise $15.5bn over 5 years is $3.1bn, last quarters earnings were just shy of $7bn so assuming no growth that would be about 11% earnings spent on this initiative, however they have over $72bn cash on the balance sheet end of June 2021 earnings.

Dont want to sound like a Marxist (cause I am definitely not) but I wish some of the big names in the west making huge profits would give back to society too

3 Likes

They will need to in order to pay for universal basic income when the machines take all the jobs.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t mean Alibaba isnā€™t going to capitalise on that deploy of money. After all itā€™s an investment they are doing.

You mean them ā€œboring repetitive jobs, that no one wants to doā€, the man of the people Elon Musk speaks of for his new bot. How out of touch does someone have to be, people need them jobs.

2 Likes

Oh but they are.

Canā€™t you see?

Remote workā€¦
Shop onlineā€¦
ā€œHealthā€ passā€¦
Forever pandemicā€¦
Remove ā€œmisinformationā€ā€¦

So much giving back to societyā€¦ it is like they are all whispering, stay home, shop from safety of your home, make sure to physically distance, behave responsible.

:partying_face: such a noble bunch of conglomeratesā€¦

Oh absolutely, the thing is that I find funny (well sadly interestingā€¦) is in the UK and assuming in the US and elsewhere we have funding shortfalls in things like NHS, elderly care etc that could be sorted with big corporations paying their fair share of tax, not increasing it but just if they didnā€™t avoid it by being ā€˜basedā€™ elsewhere for tax reasons.
So China are actually doing things we talk about for 10 years but never do anything, I guess main negative for us as UK based investors is our Chinese investments might get more socially friendly and profits lessened, whilst our own companies arent needing to change and so our NHS and other crucial services suffer, but Chinese investors can still make the money from our UK or US companies by investing in them.

So I guess to sum up, I often wonder if a lot of the fear of China in media is actually because at some point will we in the west think, damn their govt actually gives them that or this. Of course right now huge issue with human rights and single party state but its an interesting thought exercise.

Yep, but if you plan for the worst case and if it bears fruits in anyway then bonus :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh wow, could be another bumpy road for Chinese stocks :sweat_smile::

https://financialpost.com/pmn/business-pmn/beijing-city-said-to-be-looking-to-take-didi-under-state-control-bloomberg-news

1 Like

I was reading your post thinking, hmmmmmm, but fortunately I found this comment at the end :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yep I mean, the thing is all my Chinese friends from my time in China are find with any restrictions as its what they know, covid was prime example in our news its like OH NO THEY LOCKDOWN A WHOLE CITY but they then got rid of it quickly, meanwhile we are dying in the hundreads of thousands in the west and think its inevitable.
I guess similar to how we (UK) generally view gun ownership in US as crazy, but Americans are like ā€œITS MY RIGHTTTTTT!ā€ and their lack of NHS is weird for a developed country IMO so its hard to assess other countries effectively without bias.

2 Likes
1 Like

From a financial stability view (Chinese financial system), it makes sense to ring-fence the loan activities from the payments part in Alipay, as they are responsible for ā€œ10% of the countryā€™s non-mortgage consumer loans last year.ā€

And also, by creating a credit-scoring joint-venture for share user data and that would be partly state-owned, makes sense to dismantle or reduce the proprietary data oligopoly (making the Chinese market more competitive) and data privacy & consumer protection issues.

For Alibaba is bad, due to potential reduction of their economic moat (mainly based on proprietary data).

1 Like