Spi energy worry

Pump and dumps happen all the time. Theres not a lot to stop it.

The halting is done to prevent massive falls in the price. If it didnā€™t halt thereā€™s a good chance the dumps would be even harsher. Think of it like boxing where the ref needs to break it up, before letting them continue. Otherwise one person could really take a pounding.

With the rise of easier access to trading over the last years or so itā€™s been incredibly easy for them to catch new retail traders who donā€™t understand whatā€™s happening until itā€™s too late, they see a stock going crazy and want a piece of the profits.

If a stock is going parabolic then at somepoint itā€™s going to crash hard. Nobody wants to learn about reading charts or knowing about market caps, whoā€™s got time for that. But basically stonks donā€™t always go up.

2 Likes

Can see a new term being coined here: "Wowā€¦ they got stonked! "

Would be a fitting label to the crowd whoā€™ve come along, not bothered with the education but felt they had earned the right to put their stamp on the industry all the same.

2 Likes

Not sure why any blame would fall on T212.

Investors request this kind of penny stonks in the first place. They should have no room in portfolio of prudent investor, even trader should stay clear.

As @phildawson mentioned, with democratisation and accessibility of Investing to big masses, there is a big lag of education & knowledge. Thus I am not surprised. Dangers of wanting to get rich, "the short route ".

1 Like

Lifecycle of a Stonker (TM; this oneā€™s mine too, you canā€™t have it);

Develop go big or go home attutude > Learn language; moon, rocket, looooooool, now youā€™re ready > Request penny stock > Moan when penny stock isnā€™t added within the hour > Donā€™t say ā€˜thank youā€™ when penny stock added, instead moan that it wasnā€™t done fast enough > Play penny stock > get STONKED!

1 Like

Iā€™m sure give it a few years when itā€™s too late brokers will be made to build tools that help recognise pumps.

It could alert ā€œMarket cap for this stock was a million yesterday and now a few billion, itā€™s left all the EMAs and VWAP and currently in orbit. Unless it has just discovered the cure for covid-19 then this will dump any second.ā€

Edit: jokey post aside, just to be clear I think it would be a good idea for T212 to add other financials and technicals with buy/sell signals. And maybe for anything volatile to label it up. Also a liquidity and risk rating.

Doesnā€™t mean itā€™ll stop new traders chucking money in on very high risk, but itā€™ll limit the amount of forum posts complaining stonks didnt go up and it must somehow be T212s fault.

But it worked for GGP :cold_sweat:

(I actually did research before buying in at 2p, just wish I held longer as itā€™s doing better than I expected)

That said, it was scary betting on something so small to do well even when well researched. I donā€™t know how people can throw money at all the small things and just hope for the best. I can only justify a very small % of my entire portfolio to things like that.

1 Like

AIM is risky, you can win big or lose all even with a huge amount of DD.

However the speed at which the SP moves is the difference, and how it recovers.

In the case of GGP itā€™s not a ā€œpump and dump stockā€ and itā€™s very de-risked at this point.

However it got pumped recently, the difference here being it will easily go back over 27p in the long run. Whilst SPI is a one tricky pony, itā€™s rare lightning will strike twice to ever get the SP back to those values.

If you follow the charts itā€™s clear it was incredibly far away from even the 50 SMA, and the RSI showed it was incredibly over bought, it was never going to go higher unless they had just actually discovered a shit load of new high quality gold. This pump was just a large whale(s) jumping in afaik.

1 Like

And as much as I CBA to jump in and out, happy to sit in GGP for the long haul, I need to get better at looking at that 50 SMA. I add it to my charts but rarely look at it. Wouldā€™ve been a nice off and on point last week.

Ach you live and learn, no biggie.

Hi mate, I feel your pain, I lost too all I had worked hard for since March, anyway times are changing, I blamed 212 at first As I was so angry, felt someone had stolen from me. Hope your next trades are great one for you.

Please donā€™t use the NHS narrative, you have a job, you chose to work for the NHS. Covid is pathetic.

2 Likes

Thanks lads done my research and spot on with cineworld today got in at 17 and out at 26 nice thanks again to P. Paid the car of lol

Keyboard warriors again lol. Silly Pathetic ??

Keyboard warrior lol, I can assure you Iā€™m not, I just donā€™t like beggars.