The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Account Verification

[EN] Le message en français est en bas

Hey,

I sent you multiple times the necessary documents but every time the support team tells me that the address on the document is not the same on my account.

I got verified easily on many online brokers platforms (Coinbase, Etoro, Degiro) but not yours. This doesn’t make sense to me.

I don’t see on my profile/settings where is the information about my address.

According to the GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR), every user has the right to access his data, edit it and delete it.

PLEASE CONSIDER AND EXAMINATE MY CASE otherwise i will feel free to make a complaint on : https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/

Best regards,

[FR]

Hey,

Je vous ai envoyĂ© plusieurs fois les documents nĂ©cessaires mais Ă  chaque fois l’équipe de support me dit que l’adresse sur le document n’est pas la mĂȘme sur mon compte.
J’ai Ă©tĂ© vĂ©rifiĂ© facilement sur de nombreuses plateformes de courtiers en ligne (Etoro, Degiro) mais pas sur la vĂŽtre.

Cela n’a aucun sens pour moi. Je ne vois pas sur mon profil / paramĂštres oĂč sont les informations sur mon adresse.

ConformĂ©ment au RÈGLEMENT GÉNÉRAL DE PROTECTION DES DONNÉES (RGPD), chaque utilisateur a le droit d’accĂ©der Ă  ses donnĂ©es, de les modifier et de les supprimer.

VEUILLEZ CONSIDÉRER ET EXAMINER MON CAS sinon je me sentirai libre de dĂ©poser une plainte sur: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/

Meilleures salutations,

@Tony.V I replied to an email from trading212 concerning this post. Can you please tell me if you have received my answer (address + attached document) ?

Hey,

Long story short: the proof of address document should match the country, city and address line which you have selected during the sign up. That’s the whole idea of verifying the address. I’ll not disclose personal information here, but our team already sent you a follow up to your email.

I cannot comment on the onboarding procedures of other companies, nor what documents they accept. However, in my personal opinion, it seems more diligent if the company processing my data (if I were their client), paid extra care with any sort of potential risks. The level of detail and care applied on verification level, you may be sure to expect with regard to handling any other operations: withdrawals, order executions, privacy policy, etc. What may be seen initially as an onus, is what gives both Parties certainty in our relations.

True that - you can request access to your personal data as per the GDRP. We’re super strict when it comes to data processing, and our DPO will provide all the details required. Since you raised the inquiry, please take into account that the AML provisions, confirmed by the FCA as well imply that a client should place the correct personal information during the account setup, which later will be verified. Before creating the account, you must also acknowledge our client agreement and all underlying legal documents, namely the Privacy policy, where all this information is present.

As of your last thread, I’d suggest checking the following:

Hey,

I’m not anti-verification of the match between the informations typed during the sign up and the informations figuring in the documents. What i request is the ability to access my information to understand in case of not matching what is the problem. Sometimes with auto-fill activated on forms, the client may have submitted wrong informations.

Long story short, the client has the right to access the information whether his profile is validated or not according to GDPR.

Secondly, I can’t understand the impact of coronavirus on an enterprise which all the services and the processes are done online. In my opinion, if you do a cause tree you will find out that the delays are caused by scalability problems. More users means you need to add more resources to verify the documents.

By the way, PayPal gives both Parties certainty in their relations, the only difference is that they are doing things fast.

Best regards,

Long story short, the client has the right to access the information whether his profile is validated or not according to GDPR.

Sure, and to apply your right, you should simply follow up the privacy procedure sent above.

Secondly, I can’t understand the impact of coronavirus on an enterprise which all the services and the processes are done online. In my opinion, if you do a cause tree you will find out that the delays are caused by scalability problems.

The article which I sent above will clear your doubts. I don’t find as reasonable to mention the Covid-19 here since it has nothing to do with the high load. Instead, you can check the following:

By the way, PayPal gives both Parties certainty in their relations, the only difference is that they are doing things fast.

Comparing PayPal with us makes no sense, sorry to say that. There is a totally different level of AML risks involved, hence the time required to process data. Nevertheless, we will improve further the onboarding process.

1 Like