The Tesla "correction"

Damn, I thought I had everything covered with S&P500 , Bonds and gold etf… :thinking:

Hi,

Just a minor respectful correction: In 2019 the EV with the highest market share in Norway was the Tesla Model 3. Remember Tesla are supply constrained and the factory in the US can only pump out so much. After the reopening of the factory the deliveries were to the US and Canada for a while. As a result, some of the European media were saying “Tesla sales CRASH in Europe” That’s very misleading - it’s just that deliveries were going to North America. Once GigaBerlin opens up, these constraints in European markets will be minimised.

Source: https://insideevs.com/news/391146/2019-plugin-car-sales-norway-increased/

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the community,

thanks for clarifying why tesla did not have the highest market share, and actually making his point.

Also I guess this is what hypes are made off, you make up news and counter them with a random blog post documenting how established the company is. But yeah apparently Tesla sold 1200 cars in Norway according to the “source” so it does makes sense it has more market cap than Procter and Gamble… I have no idea what correction these people are talking about.

Please to meet you.

The point was he incorrectly stated Audi has the highest market share in Norway. Which is incorrect. That’s all… cheers!

Doesn’t bode well for tesla. Who cares about supply constraints that’s Tesla’s issue.

The Tesla cars are hilariously badly made in terms of a manufacturing engineering though.

Unless things have changed recently with the later models they are going to get wiped by the big auto makers when they enter.

A few engineers have done tear downs of them and they’re well made from a quality point but so inefficient with regards to multiple niche fasteners etc rather than standardised parts.

Ie if a spot weld will do for 70% of an Audi Tesla use 10% and then 15 different kinds of faster for the rest

If they dont sort that our they’re not going to do well at mass production

Have you watched any of Sandy Munro’s stuff? He praises Tesla for their rate of adaptation and implementation, following and often improving on his recommendations. See the rear crash rails if the car all in one huge piece now. They’re improving rapidly

I havent to be fair I think it was the previous model I last looked at.

Tbh it’s something that could largely be fixed by bringing in experienced engineers (poaching caps on :p) but once your in production it can be hard to change things like this.

Cars tend to have a low margin so a lot comes down to standardizing parts and minimising operation time for profit.

But I’m curious if Tesla are going to find some kind of subscription model later on as a high tech car like thiers does offer those options (data/LTE) and possibly in future swapable batteries if they ever take them out if the chasis.

Subscription battery packs could be the real lucrative market in the ev sector

Trust me they’re getting there. Unlike traditional auto, Tesla don’t release a new model every year, as soon as an improvement is ready they implement it
And with their huge innovation with stamping machines why’re going to make it much cheaper in future. They’re constantly trying to drill down costs to make the car cheaper.
Not sure, but with the million mile battery on the future, It’s likely the car will give up before the battery

That’s good to know, but remeber being the fastest improving is much like being the fastest growing religion, only easy when you’re at the back of the pack :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve heard of the million mile battery but not actually had a chance to dig into it yet.

.is there something revolutionary to the claim or is it simply it can do x cycles as you can get 1 million miles put of any old 18650 pack from the early 2000s just depends how much degradation in charge times you count as “acceptable”

Sorry jus tg been on a plane so not had a chance to look at anything since last post will do that on the train

Ok sources just my memory, I think it’s after 1,000,000 miles the battery will still hold 85% of its initial range. It’s just a mix between range and performance basically

Oh ok that is a significant improvement from the 70% after ~3 years .

Of course it does strike me as most electronics manufacturers mean time to failure claims of 10+ years at release because they put 10,000 items through 100 hours of testing at the same time :joy:

Will be interesting to see real world data instead of idealised.

I really want the ev motorcycle market to pick up atm its zero with their commuter bikes priced at hyper bike levels, the l218 and its millionaire toy price tag and the drove of 50 mile 40mph scooter crap.

0rpm peak torque, just think of the wheelie :heart_eyes: