Tilray & Aphria Announce Closing of Transaction That Creates the “New” Tilray

So, 1000 Aphria shares will equate to how many Tilray shares? Price at the end of today’s market? Which conversion rate to euros?

And as a whole you definitely do that. I enjoy using your platform :slightly_smiling_face:

Some features are released before others I have noticed some that don’t seem as “important” as others. The “social” platform is great (a nice chat feature for individual stocks) but would be nice to see features that make an immediate difference to holding shares (the merger of stock A to stock B) is quite important in these circumstances. Much more than a chat feature.

I understand everything can’t happen immediately (I never expect that) but prioritise over levels of importance.

As in this instance I will loose money. I should have checked and that’s on myself but likewise a notification would have been good (they aren’t difficult to send as that feature exists with yourselves) as a heads up. Or even an alert set at time of buying that in fact you didn’t have this merger feature yet set up.

1 Like

It’s not as straight forward as this unfortunately. 212 will have multiple teams working on multiple features. They’ve not built communities in spite of something else, it’s just that the team building communities has pretty much zero regulation to work with and report too, so once it’s done it gets released.

Looking forward to acquisition and mergers rollout when it comes.

2 Likes

I understand that totally.

Bit disappointed but hey stocks and shares don’t always run as smoothly as you’d like.

Who knows with the money I loose I may make it up in years to come buying back with Tilray

Every cloud :sun_behind_small_cloud:

2 Likes

Out of interest: how’s anyone really losing out if they are receiving the cash equivalent? Surely you can just buy Tilray shares with the money you get? Is there a time lapse or something and thus a potential discrepancy in price? Excuse my naivety, struggling to get my head around it that’s all!

1 Like

You’re forced to cash out earlier and pay taxes on that, and if you had know that in advance you could’ve just cashed out earlier when it was clearly in a peak. Basically losing for thinking long term and liking the fundamentals. Been a holder since it was at 3$ a share… Now we’re not even certain at which price we’re supposed to be credited.

You can say whatever you want, but at the end of the day it was just bad service provided by a company to us, costumers.

1 Like

Why are you guys deleting my posts? Why was it offensive?

It’s probably the autobot. Someone will be around to clean it up.

Look forward to this.

As mentioned about, very disappointing the way this has been handled. Looks like few lessons to be learnt from this merger/client experience.

I don’t expect too much just the amount a client would I believe but as it wasn’t something that was mentioned by t212 - the merger not ready for release as a function - thats now left me knowing it’s something that is clearly being worked on (which is great news unfortunately for the future and not for me right now) So it’s in the pipelines. So it’s “there” but just not “here” which is why I believe it would have been good and incredibly helpful to have known in advance.

Just a little heads up thread keeping us in the loop so those holding Aphria wouldn’t have been just as blind sided.

Just a little disappointed in the service this time. Communication is huge but to be honest it has to work both ways.

It’s been flipped back onto me by @Y.M that it’s all down to me to look into things which it is but it’s also down to you to let us know what you have in the pipelines (when things are as important at this!) and that things won’t be able to happen at a given time.

1 Like

Really dissatisfied yet again with T212. Had I known that I would receive the cash instead of new shares, I would have sold my APHA shares. Poor communication. I had similar dissatisfaction with trying to take up my IAG options last year, and a miscommunicated deadline from T212, which cost me a lot of money.

3 Likes

@Y.M @Hris.M @Bogi.H

Would like a breakdown emailed if possible

I like t212 for my index funds. So simple and effective but for single stock buying it’s really turning me off, feels messy quite often.

The lack of communication is a concern.

Hoping they can help me out with a breakdown of my losses so I can see where it all went.

(It’s not heaps of money granted but the principal still stands)

1 Like

@CeeGee I will send you a DM.

Cheers much appreciated.

Guys, the feedback is appreciated. To clear things up we’ve created an article in our Help Centre informing that the feature of share conversion due to corporate events is not yet supported on the platform. Nevertheless, if you have doubts about a particular event, you can always reach me via DM or contact our team via the contact form.

2 Likes

I bought Aphria to take advantage of the Tilray acquisition and I have checked my ISA and I have been cashed out for a huge loss. Is this even legal?! I understood the NIO cash out when the stock contravened ISA law… but this is a simple acquisition and I am not sure you can cash out someone’s stock position without the client giving you instruction? I would appreciate a full explanation as to why… and is this a Trading212 standard procedure for Mergers and Acquisitions as I have a few stocks in my portfolio which I bought as I feel they are likely to be picked up by bigger companies. Many thanks

@Bullish-Bear
I believe this discussion would shed some light.

Regardless, if you have any doubts, feel free to DM me.

This is concerning a bit if you did make a ‘huge’ loss.

The terms as I read was one Aphria shareholder would receive 0.8381 shares in Tilray on the 5th May.

On the 4th May, the last price quoted on Yahoo finance for Aphria looks to be 16.55CAD. Converting at a rate of 0.8381 gives a price of 19.75CAD, which is the last price on the 4th May for Tilray. If they cant give you the new shares, you should have got the equivalent back at that rate.

Is there something I have missed? @Bullish-Bear

It was a long term position which I took on Aphria to take advantage of the “arbitrage” situation created with the upcoming acquisition. I took a sizeable position and it was a long term position I was looking to hold in my ISA to cover the cannabis space as part of a portfolio diversification. As you know, no investment is a loss until you sell it and as I had no intention of selling it.As the stock was sold during the market correction it was sold under value. This decision had been taken out of my hands with no warning. As far as I have been advised, if a platform cannot perform an acquisition or merger deal due to software limitations - or otherwise, the broker should perform the transfer manually and take any financial burden themselves. It is no different from a broker timing poor sales on ANY instrument in your portfolio. M&A have strict rules and are recognised by the laws of the US stock exchange. For me, and the advice I have been given, this is not a legal procedure to sell clients holdings as the stocks were owned by me and should not have been sold without my knowledge. It was not a CFD and it is outwith the brokers acceptable behaviour.

2 Likes