TRCH/MMAT Merger + Dividend - What will happen?

212… now what??? D- Day

Well done 212 thank you for sorting this out. Just a little more info and less stress on your customers would be great. Also any news on thr div ?

1 Like

Hey :wave:,

After market opening today (28.06) shareholders with open positions of Torchlight Energy Resource will have shares of Meta Materials instead. Also, the company underwent a 1-for-2 reverse stock split and you can check how that affected your position here.

As for the Special Dividend, we are in contact with our intermediary and once we have more information we’ll share updates. More information will be listed also in this article.

2 Likes

Thats excellent news, when does the 1 for 1 shares get added to the account?

Hello has there been any update to the special dividend ?

Still no reply from trading 212 regards #BBIG situation around Tyde shares? I’ve been asking this question a few times and no reply. Communication is just like talking to a wall. IG platform called back in 10min. with reply.
What’s going on?

You posted in the invest section, not the help section so it’s no surprise people haven’t jumped onto your topic to reply. The forums see a lot of activity from T212 answering issues, but it is not where you are supposed to go when looking for information, that’s the official help page and support chats role. Your question sounds like it has been answered in the link you are replying to which is the first place you should be going for answers.

I’ve send emails through the help centre as well, this is not the first time I’m asking this question. I’ve got emails sent to you from last December, you have not replied. If your the leader as you state, answer to my question! What to expect after the spin off? What we as bbig share holders will get if we hold shares on your platform? Seems to me you’re very keen on responding on good news not solving issues.

Leaders don’t work for Trading 212. So calm your beans.

1 Like

Is 212 going to wait to sell our class A shares. Or our you going to sell them before they reach their full div value. As TRCH assest are being sold so the class A special div shares currently have a value of $0.70 each.( the amount of money held in the holding company atm ) However this value will increase as the sales go through.

The reason I ask is because 1.6 million shares were sold yesterday at the $0.70 value. As the holding company will be dissolved as soon as all the assest are sold. Some estimates from the company are $1-20 per share. So selling early before the holding company is dissolved would leave us out of control of our finances and dividend payment. Losing customers money if you sell us out before the company is dissolved. Especially as we do not have thre ability to buy these share via your platform.

So can 212 make sure you don’t sell out your customers early and cost us all a small fortune. Could you atleast wait until the holding company is dissolved and all funds transferred equally to the share holders.

Thanks you.

1 Like

Hey,

@smokesandboats, the company has still not paid out the dividend and the deadline for that to happen is the end of this year. So, as soon as we receive the payment from our intermediary, we’ll distribute the dividend to all eligible shareholder accounts, right away.

@Gringo , the event is pending, it is not officially confirmed. On a side note, there’s a dedicated article in our Help Centre that explains how we reflect such corporate events and you can check it out here. In short, we distribute the cash equivalent of the shares when it comes to mergers & spin-offs.

3 Likes

Just for your information the special div class A share is currently $2.20 as 1 hour ago.

2 Likes

Hey, everyone. :wave:

We’ve just implemented the stock distribution feature.

Feel free to check out additional information in the article here from our Help Centre.

3 Likes

Afternoon, everyone!

Series A Preferred stock was just distributed to all eligible shareholder accounts. Feel free to have a look at this article in our Help Centre for more information on the subject.

2 Likes

Wow thats great. Took you a while but finally its DONE.

my congratulations :slight_smile:

1 Like