TV Advertising?

If you head over to some subreddits like r/UKInvesting and people ask opinions about platforms like in this reddit post, the main question everyone has about T212 is how do they make money if everything is free, some confusion about T212 being Bulgarian vs UK based (confusion with Trading 212 vs Trading 212 UK Ltd), and whether their money is safe with them (which is also a big question within this forum, as seen by the length of this thread).

People experience cognitive dissonance from always having to pay for trading services with trusted big names like Hargreaves Lansdown, and now someone tells them you can do that for free. It automatically feels wrong, and they choose to stick with their same old, because it’s “too good to be true”. These same people then do a quick search on T212 and they come across
old information and hearsay with past issues being shared over and over, and dare-I-say paid comments from other platforms spreading disinformation. It all just makes T212 look real bad anywhere you read. EDIT** just noticed their website has been updated with new sections/more information answering some of the questions

On the other hand, I firmly believe at this point, if people are dumb enough to “stick to their guns” about having to pay for good things, then let them. Trading212’s best course of action is to shine with their product and not with their words. Ads are good as they are, but word of mouth is clearly working too.
I know if anyone asks me, I recommend them Trading 212, and I’m sure most of us here do too, if only with the caveat that it’s just “not quite there yet”