Where have the major indices gone? (CFD)

On what i have read they will be rolled over if you don’t close yourself. So is not going to close your order if you don’t close it. Maybe im wrong i don’t know about futures and how they work. i guess i will not trade those “futures” or maybe see in the future and know what the market will do in the next month. I didn’t really see the point of doing that.
If i want to predict what Us30 or nasdaq do in the next hour i can open an order and then close it in a few hours without breaking some rules or do i really need to keep it until the expiration date?? If that is the case,no thank you…

@Gbr You don’t need to keep the position open until expiration, it’s not like that at all.
Nothing has really changed except for the instrument categorization. Yes, futures do have an expiry date but we automatically roll positions over to the next contract to make everything as seamless as possible.

What I find unfortunate is that the entire history form those charts is all gone, so we now have to rely on other platforms for charting. What will happen once these futures expire? Will the charts be gone again, and we’ll have new instruments, with new expiration dates and no history?

@lorin The data won’t disappear, it would act like Oil does now.
Historical data isn’t completely gone, if you open 4H, 1D, 1W, 1M, you’ll see that most Indices (US, UK, DE) have data going back to 2010, there’s only a gap in 2019 which we’re working on filling.

1 Like

Auch, you’re right, I didn’t catch that. Was looking just on the 1H, saw just a small number of candles and assumed it was all gone. I can now see that I was wrong, there is data on higher time frames. Thank you for the quick reply, I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Why is spread so high compared to last week?
For US30 spread used to be 3 now its around 8-10 all day. Is it gonna return to 3 or it will stay this high?

According to that page the transition would reduce overnight interest, but at least for DAX it actually increased. Is this correct?

@mmc_pt Overnight interest is about to be reduced significantly, you’ll notice the changes in the coming days.

1 Like

I have a question related to the indices rollover… basically having trouble understanding a couple of results:

I was expecting the results to be more like -12.60 and -0.88 but they finished -10.13 and +2.75. I assume this is related to the rollovers, rollover result seems to be hidden?

The spread is significantly higher in the DAX now. The low spread was literally the reason why I moved to Trading 212 last week Monday. Will that be lowered as well or just the overnight interest? @David

Tickers keep being removed, still now, from my own watchlists and the Indices default watchlist. Sometimes the Dow 30 will show full history, other times not. I suspect they’re still working on something, as there’s no consistency here.

I had a Dow 30 tab open with a CFD set, 20 minutes later I checked and the Dow 30 listing had disappeared from my watchlist, but the graph was still open and working correctly. I searched the Indices tab, and the Dow 30 was there, I opened it, and my CFD was not shown on this ‘newer’ version of the Dow 30, and I’m not talking about the futures versions.

What’s going on, chaps?

So this was it? No more reply? You implicitly triple spreads on index CFD’s without announcement and then just chill? Good stuff, I’m moving to IG Markets until I see strong reasons to return.

It looks like I still have access to the old indices on the desktop version. Possibly a bug?

@pipo they are the new futures that is just how they are displayed in the watch list.

@hoshy The spreads are in line with what everybody else has on futures (IG, CMC, etc…). Raw (exchange) DAX futures spread hovers around 1.5 - 2.0 so 3.0 - 5.0 is quite reasonable for a CFD.

1 Like

So, any reason these indices keep disappearing from our watchlists, especially the default ‘Indices’ watchlist? All it shows is Crypto 30, no major indices or major indices futures to be seen. What’s going on?