Which stocks should I remove from portfolio

Think I’ve got too many stocks - any suggestions which ones to remove? Not much different in allocation split - ranges from 4-8%

Adyen NV
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Amazon.com, Inc.
Digital Turbine Inc
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd - ADR
Bandwidth Inc
Bill.com Holdings Inc
BioLife Solutions Inc
Cerence Inc
Crispr Therapeutics AG
Crowdstrike Holdings Inc
Datadog Inc
Docusign Inc
Etsy Inc
Fastly Inc
Fisker Inc
Farfetch Ltd
McPhy Energy SAS
Mercadolibre Inc
Cloudflare Inc
Netflix Inc
InVitae Corp
Ontrak Inc
Peloton Interactive Inc
Roku Inc
Rolls-Royce Holding PLC
Schrodinger Inc
Shopify Inc
Snowflake Inc
Virgin Galactic Holdings Inc
Square Inc
Teladoc Health Inc
Tiziana Life Sciences PLC
Tesla Inc
Twilio Inc
Workhorse Group Inc

Does your rationale for each of them still apply?

You effectively have your own fund to manage there!

2 Likes

Why remove? I started with trading when no fractional shares where available and for each trade/position I had to pay $5, 10 or even more! Today you can hold 100 good positions from different stock exchanges all over the world trade them free and even fractional!

2 Likes

What’s your strategy here? Why do you own the companies you own and what is your overall goal for investing in this selection?

Can’t offer any insight if we don’t know what you’re trying to achieve or what your risk profile is.

2 Likes

Strategy is just growth stocks, focussing on SaaS and other tech mainly. Comfortable with the stocks tbh and my rationale for investing in each remains strong, however I just feel like its too much to manage and monitor (it is looking like my own fund!). If there are obvious overlaps or recommendations I would be open to suggestions!

I am just doing 500 a month in these as a pie and have no immediate targets (i.e. dont need the money for the next 10 years).

Tiziana Life Sciences PLC
Virgin Galactic
Snowflake
Workhorse Group Inc
Farfetch Ltd
McPhy Energy SAS
Mercadolibre Inc

Alibaba Group Holding Ltd - ADR
Bandwidth Inc
Bill.com Holdings Inc
BioLife Solutions Inc
Cerence Inc

Not going to tell you which ones to drop as I don’t know them all well enough. But the approach I personally take is to leave sectors/industries I don’t know or understand enough about alone. For me that would be semiconductors, energy and biopharma.

On the question of overlap perhaps a counter view would be that doubling /tripling up on a sector isn’t a bad thing as if one of them experiences good news, the others have a good chance of also winning out of association…?

Or substitute a sector that you don’t fully understand but that you still want to exposure to with an ETF. (eg. Semiconductors or Pharma ETFs).

3 Likes

It could be the case that he is worried he has spread himself too thin. Such that if something like Tesla does a massive YOLO run up, the gains won’t be felt.

1 Like

Sell all of them, and buy a fund / investment trust that matches your investment intentions/ethos.

2 Likes