What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and email address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your email address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. By visiting that link, you confirm that you are its owner.
When a registered account posts, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request made to our server.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve what our site offers based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, responses to inquiries, and/or other requests and questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access it.
What is your data retention policy?
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no longer than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no longer than 5 years.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow it). These cookies enable the site to recognise your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account automatically.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our site at our discretion. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback regarding these sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.
This document is CC-BY-SA. It was last updated on May 31, 2013.