6-digits security code to enter constantly - I cannot disable it

Reading the comments above, it seems a good trade-off would be to leave the choice up to the user (and display a bold warning if he chooses to disable the setting).

User options would be good. My opinion is that the input frequency is excessive.

Agreed its excessive and annoying if you need to look at another screen, e.g. instrument details link from the app then return and need to enter code again.

I think a better solution is to only enter after a longer set period of time, but if you do a transaction rather than just looking then it’s not unreasonable to ask for the code earlier, prevents a 3rd party picking up your phone and doing the transaction.

I find the app in general is very laggy, on Android and no issue with any other apps, it happens with every button press but when entering the code the lag can be between 2 -15 seconds for each key press.

I’ve lived with this ā€œfeatureā€ for enough days. I feel like performance of the app degraded, unlock was faster, but now it lags for like 0.6-0.8s. This is the wait time after you touch fingerprint, so before the fingerprint panel goes away, then there’s a black screen for a bit, then it appears the page and then I need to wait a tiny bit more to refresh numbers.

Yesterday, I just logged in Firefox on my phone. No hassle, I highly recommend. It’s not as slick as app experience, but significantly faster.

I agree that this security passcode is the biggest pain in the arse that Trading212 has ever introduced. I am one of those who constantly hop between apps on my phone annd/or iPad and every time I come back to Trading212, I have to login again. . Sure, I use biometrics but they’re not well positioned on the new iPad so it is still a pain in the ass even to use fingerprints. So to open my iPad and look at Trading212 I firstly have to use biometrics to get into the iPad in the first place then I open Trading212 using a username and password and then I have to use biometrics to get into it. That’s ridiculous at the very least make an optional thing or give it a timeout feature so that you can set it for say 15 minutes or 20 minutes rather than every single time and the log back in Not a good security feature really puts me off using Trading212

That’s kinda the thing that annoys me. Forced security is so obnoxious that will make people use website in mobile browser which results in… unprotected app.trading212.com in a browser. Exactly the reason why they implemented security in the first place.

I’m laughing but this isn’t funny - they might do a screen lock in the webapp, and I’m gonna table flip.

Reading at the feedbacks above, and no single positive experience reported, could TR212 support / @Bogi.H / @Veselin.V react, and let us know if TR212 will take our inputs into account to modify the current behaviour ?

Thank you in advance for your support ! :slight_smile:

Hi everyone! @Bibi @Karpik @wistda @alpha1 @MrHesh @Goblin @Debbie2020 @_SP

We heard your feedback and made some improvements! :tada:

The default grace period for the passcode lock has been increased, and you can now fully customise it within the app:

  • Immediately

  • 15 seconds

  • 1 minute (default)

  • 5 minutes

  • 10 minutes

  • 15 minutes

These changes are already live. Just update your app and go to: Settings → Privacy & Security → Passcode Lock to choose the passcode frequency that works best for you.

Thanks to everyone who shared feedback! :blue_heart:

Thanks @KrisG !

I don’t know how to force an Android app update.

But I’ll make sure to install the latest version when available, and test the new setting.

Thanks again for taking our feedback into account !

Well said. Spot on……

Is typing the code very unresponsive for anyone else?

I press a number it takes a good 4 or 5 seconds to register the press, but it only seems to lag on the first 2 or 3 numbers.

Could you send me a screen recording in a DM so we can check it with the team? If anyone else is having this issue, feel free to do the same.

Thank you. That will help. Update doesn’t seem to be available for iOS yet? I’ll check again in a few days.

I agree when the update is

avaiable on screen I will use it

I could be doing upto 1500 trades therefore I would need it open while researching

Would it appear if biometrics were turned off?

I don’t have this update. Play store says latest update is 25 september.

What they say and what they do!!

The lag on entering the PIN has been occurring for me since day 1 of the PIN being activated. I am 99% confident it coincides with the app ā€˜re-syncing price and position value data’ when I switch back to the app (which would happen 100% of the time pre-PIN). Difference now is, whilst the sync was occurring pre-PIN you could continue using the app and the sync was in the background. Now the PIN has been enabled, the background sync is negatively affecting the PIN input form UI which is a blocker for the user. I can input the PIN during the sync and then the UI showing my PIN being input ā€˜catches up’. This is on an Android mid-range phone. No other app I have exhibits the same behaviour. Should be easily reproducible.

@KrisG

Same date for Android : the update containing the change does not seem available yet.