Add Snowflake (SNOW) IPO

Will it be available on the 15th or 16th just checked the NYSE and it says snowflake will be listed tomorrow but then other sites such as investing.com says the 16th,can you clarify this please?
Thank you😃

Available for trading on the 16th.

Thank you👍 gets very confusing when you check on google.

The IPO day is 15th, isnt?

Where did read that? Think you might have confused the pricing date and the offering date.

1 Like

You are right. My bad! :frowning:

The pricing date is today & most likely it’ll IPO tomorrow - 16.09.2020

1 Like

Do a lot of people have spare cash in their account ready to get on this? If so how big you going?

I think their a great company and cloud is defo a future space to invest in…but IPOs are scary haha

Usually when it gets to the normal investors like us the price is +50% maybe even +100%. Don’t get your hopes you will buy at the announced IPO price.

I wont be buying at IPO…but it will be going into my Disruptive innovation pie when it settles.

maybe by the end of this year or beginning of 2021.

Probably a few hundred quid in long CFDs and sell as soon as I get some profit hopefully shortly afterwards.

@Martin, price of this is going to be very high. More than your typical retail investor’s appetite.

Any chance you can make this fractional before tomorrow please?

Cheers

JOE.

1 Like

We can’t make it fractional until we receive quotations. Nevertheless, we’ll fraction it as soon as it goes live.

2 Likes

Good stuff. Appreciate that.

Hey all, still newish to this so looking for advice… Don’t know why but I’m quiet excited about this IPO, but is my excitement to buy some stock tomorrow when it’s available going to leave me short days later? Is it best to wait and let the dust settle? But what if it doesn’t… there is a lot of hype about this so I’m leaning to buy asap so I’m not left behind… thoughts?

No one know how it’ll go so I’d personally be reluctant to offer any suggestion.

Instead here’s a list of recent IPOs - I’d suggest go take a look at their charts to see if you identify any patterns. The below is a mix of the highest profiled IPOs (top half) and some lesser knowns (bottom) so you have a decent spread to look at;

LMND
RKT
BIGC
CVAC
XPEV
RXT
LI
NCNO
API
NNOX
VRM
EBON
BEKE
DCT

If your intention is to buy and hold for years then a little depreciation shouldn’t matter.

Thanks for your input, will definitely check them out and have an educated guess… It is to be held for a long time I’m so I guess you’re right in perspective, would just be annoyed if I got 8 when I could of had 10… Thanks again

Well that’s where averaging down comes into play. When someone mentions ‘buy and hold’ they are typically adding to that position periodically, and if the price has gone down since initial investment, this can only be a good thing as it brings your average cost down.

1 Like

Thanks, because of cost I was probably going to buy some and leave them to mature, but if they drop lower I may as well grab a few more!