Baillie Gifford [discussion] 📃

No haven’t looked into them much to be honest. ETF wise its just ESPO and FCSS, then select UK/US stocks.

Have you seen any of Lars Kroijer videos? I basically follow his strategy which is simple. Buy a low cost global fund and add in some government bonds to suit your risk appetite. (I have 100% equities).

I have a pie which is a mix of ETFs to mirror VWRL but with better more focused returns. And about half the ongoing charge.

1 Like

It’s not someone I’ve heard of. I’ll take a look at him on YouTube.

It sounds like he may have similar principles to my current book I’m working through. It also suits being more passive which is my preference.

EDIT:- just checked VWRLs return since its inception and it’s a pretty good return. I’ll check out the dividends also

1 Like

I’m not a fan of BGUK. Not many of its holdings get much of a look in BG’s more international-focused trusts and funds, which doesn’t fill me with confidence.

On UK funds, I quite like CHRY, holds a lot of unlisted equities. It has unfortunately increased in value a lot lately, that I’m sort of on the fence for topping up at its current valuation. We will have to wait until March for the December NAV, and I think it might be a tad over valued for the moment.

I initially got interested for exposure to THG prior to IPO, in addition to Starling Bank, Transferwise, and a few others like Klarna and Graphcore. It was also trading at a nice discount to NAV up to late last year. I’m not sure I quite believe the portfolio breakdown on Morningstar though. I would have said a lot of its holdings were UK companies that traded globally.

1 Like

Klarna will be a nice IPO to look out for.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: GME winnings to a good cause

How do people who are in BGCG feel about this:

Two fold really:

The positive is that there is growing demand for BGCG and the general consensus of the bullishness on China

The negative is that I can’t say I’m jumping with joy on BG issuing new shares and diluting my shares

In the long run the outlook is good though.

Yeah I am curious what are the inherent issues of trading at higher premium to NAV, like why do they feel its imperative to reign it in so much.

Very good question actually, I’m also unsure other than it’s like paying 110 quid for 100 quids worth of goods

If anyone could expand on Hbombs question it would be helpful

2 Likes

US GROWTH TRUST INVESTOR WEBINAR:

NAVIGATING CHANGE - FRIDAY 19 FEBRUARY 2021 AT 2:00 PM

We are delighted to invite you to our US Growth Trust webinar, where co-manager Gary Robinson and co-manager-designate Kirsty Gibson discuss potential lessons to take away from 2020. Join them as they discuss how the pandemic may have changed things, and why they remain excited about the case for US growth companies, both public and private, over the coming decade.

For more info, click on the photo below.

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 07.31.30

2 Likes

Thanks @libreus - their BGCG webinar was really good.

1 Like

BGCG is having a banger today for some reason. Positive volume has been up the last few days

1 Like

Anyone else having delays topping up KIT? I might have just picked a bad day :upside_down_face:

I have several market orders pending, not for KIT though.
One for an AIM stock, which has been pending for over two days now. However, there is one for a FTSE100 stock which has been pending for around 10-15 minutes, which is surprising for a market order. It also took very long (30 minutes to an hour) to sell around mid-day, which I was also surprised by.

1 Like

https://www.bailliegifford.com/en/uk/individual-investors/funds/keystone-positive-change-investment-trust/

Who else is adding the positive change trust to their portfolio?
Looks promising :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Added a few months back. I think* its still trading at a small discount to NAV, and will be AMC free for the first 6 months.

Where is it on trading 212
Please?

Search up ‘Keystone Investment Trust’ (Stock ticker: KIT)

1 Like