Baillie Gifford [discussion] 📃

So has BGCG stopped releasing equity? Nothing since 10th Feb.

It’s still at a 15.9% premium at the moment.

1 Like

It’s Chinese New Year. Markets open up again tomorrow, 18th Feb.

1 Like

The future looks promising! :ok_hand:t3:

Baillie Gifford reduces its Tesla stae accross the board:

Source: Major investor Baillie Gifford cashes in on soaring Tesla shares as its funds and trusts including flagship Scottish Mortgage cut their holdings

1 Like

Will make a lot of folks here breathe a bit easier I suspect. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because ETFs are legally obliged to communicate their positions, every day.

The mutual funds, investment funds, investment trusts, unit trusts and other types of funds aren’t obliged to communicate all their positions, daily.

5 Likes

To clarify @RLX 's point, that legislation only applies to US ETFs. Not European.

1 Like

Tesla had its run and now I’m happy and relived that BG have shifted their focus to other adventurous companies such as Tencent and Nio.

Plenty of China in their growth trusts and funds.

I am invested but have seen better returns from the other funds

I’m in PHI and it’s been a really strong performer for me personally.

The below is from the old report that’s saved on my phone but it’ll still be quite useful

Then if you check out the year chart and 3 month chart it’s really impressive for a fund. The indicators are also looking tasty. You’ll obviously pay a bit of a premium now.

2 Likes

Not in personally but the missus’ ISA has it. Only just opened this week so can’t comment on the performance just yet.

Thanks for the data @Jobloggs - hugging that 30 day SMA like a lover. Beautiful.

1 Like

I am also in PHI and it has been very good to me so far. It has been performing so well in fact that BG have been issuing new equity almost every day for several months now!

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/PHI/pacific-horizon-investment-trust-plc/analysis?lang=en

No probs.

It should be strong over a long period of time, I want to hold it for the recommended period and it currently represents 10% of my whole portfolio so I’m very much in :ok_hand:

2 Likes

@pipo Pacific Horizon doing well for me also.

I have this in a pie with Scottish Mortgage, Baillie Gifford US Growth, and Baillie Giffrd China Growth. I did have the SMITHSON Investment Trust in this pie but cut it after several months of it being flat.

Said pie:

Your pie name made me giggle, the BG funds are some of my most adventurous investments :joy:

4 Likes

haha it’s my safest of 4 pies! The other 3 being a semi-conductor pie, a ‘hold/dividend’ pie, and the final being a ‘yolo’ pie comprised of the likes of Nio, Cloudflare, Datadog, and other speculative plays.

Really? Which ones? Very interested in learning about them

Reminder to anyone interested, this kicks off in an hour.

2 Likes

Cheers mate. I’ll try and tune in, the joys of “working” from home. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Did anyone else include Monks?

I’m glad I did for days or times we have ahead, due to the holdings in it it’s far less volatile.