Baillie Gifford [discussion] 📃

SMT been on the downturn last week or so, watched it go from 20%+ profit to 11% :frowning:

just a good time to jump on perhaps? :thinking:

Keep an eye on it’s daily NAV, SMT hugs it. If it drops 2%+ below NAV I personally call that a good chance to buy more! Remember, this is a 5+ year investment so don’t sweat the short term :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re definitely right they are for a long holding period. Set and forget as they say. They’ll be peaks and troughs.

It’s just psychologically easier to deal with if there’s some nice profit in there to absorb the troughs

Your guess is as good as anyone’s. It could continue, or it might not.

But over 5 years hopefully the odd % won’t matter.

indeed. if it does make a major correction I would love to hop on around 800 :wink:

Ha. Well at that rate I would even consider invading the savings :stuck_out_tongue:

I personally would consider a 5-6% drop in a stock I am wanting entry to be a good choice to open small position. If it creeps down over time to 800 and you have been buying bits then great, if it rebounds from her your good too. 800 seems too low though but I dont own SMT. My FCSS wich performs similar to BGCG is down big today so I added as I have bought higher than it is today and was happy to, I have also bought lower.

I think why not just start a £5 position in something you want long term, then build form there whetehr dips or goes higher.

it’s precisely because it’s too low that I would hop right over. 60 shares of SMT is enough for me currently. but if it proves consistent wouldn’t mind creeping it to 600.

I know worse things have happened at sea as they say but to get to 600 would be a lot more than a creep. It would represent over a 50% drop

1 Like

I highly doubt we will see it below 10 ever again. Around 12 is a very good deal, it was over 14 last month.

Yeah I see a big correction in stocks now as like if 15-20% over a week or two, thats probaby worst case scenario right now, with that in mind I added to things like FCSS (or BGCG if you have that) as around a 10% drop recently so I think a good point to add to positions.

1 Like

I’m guessing this is because of JD, Alibaba and Ten Cent etc being such large portions of the funds

1 Like

In all honesty, a 10% pull back might even be heathy in the long term for the market as well as there’s almost 2 economy’s in the US for instance.

That being the stock economy and actual real people struggling and requiring trillions in stimulus.

Yep, I think also we need any of the massively overinflated equities to drop much more, a market correction could trigger that hopefully as healthier long term but without needing a full on dot com crash, some EV space and certain software/cloud spring to mind which have great companies but also some joke companies riding a wave.

not price creep, rather growing my position to 10x as large LOL

SMT is getting crushed

and i’m not really understanding why so much

The underlying holdings are predominantly on the US markets, which have had two weeks of ass-whooping.

1 Like

@Joey_Fantana is Schiehallion on IBKR? Would be a good addition to a BG pie

As far as I’m aware Schiehallion is restricted due to its nature. I’m sure you can get in via certain platforms but I asked Interactive Investor a while back who weren’t allowing non-professional investors in.

1 Like