Best way to learn 'cfd trading'

Iā€™m new on here and it took me a few weeks but I finally understand about stocks, isas etc, I enjoyed learning about it, but I feel I need to level up a bit and get to grips with the ā€˜cfd tradingā€™

Iā€™ve no intention of using real money for the short term at least but at some point iā€™d like to.

Iā€™ve had a go on the practice account and iā€™ve made a bit of profit but I only half understand what iā€™m doing

WHatā€™s the best way to learn? Read about it on here? watch youtube videos? stick with practice money?#

thanks

I suspect most responses will advise against this, as the House almost invariably wins.
Leverage will ensure the (pretty much inevitable) loss is amplified to a point you may not fully anticipate.

1 Like
  1. Google how many people consistently make a net profit long term from CFDs.
  2. Try things out on your practice account first - come up with your ā€˜strategyā€™ and stick to it - does it work, and if it does work, why does it work and can you stick to it / what is the risk/reward ratio (chance of it going wrong vs potential).
  3. If 2 is successful, do you think you could replicate the same consistently in real money - most people cant long term.

Good luck!

1 Like

Itā€™ll be months before I use any really money, I wonā€™t be rushing in, but whatā€™s the difference between the cfd trading in here and the copy trading in e Toro?

Is it basically the same thing?

You ever heard the phrase ā€œlearn by doingā€?

Well CFDs are more like ā€œlearn by donā€™t-ingā€.

Sums it up nicely, thereā€™s more than sufficient risks in normal investing to keep me awake at night :rofl: than to add CFDā€™s to the mix.

1 Like

It would have made more sense for the UK prime minster to increase the minimum age limit for CFDā€™s every year than their proposed strategy for cigarettes :thinking:

2 Likes

Youā€™ve been warned then OP :slightly_smiling_face:
Youā€™d be going long on Destitution (Ticker: DES)

I respect the dangers completely, I wonā€™t be depositing any money any time soon, Iā€™m gonna stick to learning and see how I get on

I donā€™t know about in general, but I think brokers are forced to clearly indicate the ones for their platform.
This is what is currently indicated on the T212 website:
imagen

Letā€™s assume it is a typical percentage/ā€œsuccess rateā€ and 81% of people lose money across all platformsā€¦ @Liam it doesnā€™t seem like an easy place to learn and subsequently profit. Itā€™s probably best for most of us to stay as far away as we can :slight_smile: .

1 Like