[CFD] Upcoming Increase in Margin Requirements - postponed for 01.12.2020

Absolutely they must inform through email also.It is not a push notification. Just a behind the screen notification which one can see after logging in.
Not many people trade daily or all the time and they may not be aware of this.
It is illegal.

2 Likes

I’m not paid a bean pal. I’m just saying the truth, you got to take the emotion side out of things and deal with what we got to work with.

I don’t have any ties, I just post a lot on here and got given the leader badge. That’s all.

2 Likes

Friend of mine send me this. But I thought it literally said that it does impact any open positions?

What that means is that if your in profit but can’t put up the margin, you will be closed out at a profit. Likewise if your in the red.

Extreme Volatality? Look at the VIX index. Dont just BS the retail customers, Take responsibilty for your own mistakes T212.

1 Like

Right, so simply put, open positions which now have 1:5 leverage (or higher), will become 1:2.

Exactly.

If the share price is £10, you need £5 on the sidelines to cover the margin.

Yeah okay, so if you can’t top up your account to the level to keep your stocks after the change, it’s best to sell your stocks in the current setting to keep profit/avoid loss.

Can you confirm that your systems will be able to cope with the demand of giving everyone only an hour to sort out their positions? I can see a major bottle neck of demand at 2.30 to 3.30pm, Even when markets move slightly the system seems to grind to a halt of late

1 Like

Yes, rather chose how much you sell a stock for, than have it sold regardless. Imo.

Understandable, cheers.

Oh…thanks for that.

More than enough time for people to transfer money between banks, visit their branch, whatever they may need to do to make sure they can top up their T212 account :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not buying the ‘extreme volatility’ either. Although a VIX of 26 is still relatively high compared to previous years its actually on the lower end of volatility for 2020

It will not affect the profit/loss on your positions, only the margin requirement. I think he’s just worded it badly.

Who actually gains from this financially? 212? The clients? Or no one?

Judging by the European markets the astronomical spreads are still here

I don’t think T212 have any gain. But it does help them be more stable and not crash :boom:

@adm - you mentioned fractional shares in ISA or invest, but I don’t believe this affects them? Please clarify. Thanks.

Just a question, if i am in lose position with 5X leverage around 1K, when the leverage decrease, i won’t be deal with margin requierement. The automatic closure will be at 1:5 leverage or 1:2 leverage?

What the loss going to be, 1K with 1:5 leverage or less loss with 1:2 leverage?

Thanks

Sorry how is this affecting the Invest and Isa accounts? I thought it was only a CFD issue?