GraniteShares ETPs – News / Questions & Answers

I had done some research about ETNs (the legal structure of most ETPs ex-ETFs), and I found the following types (made by an UK company):

Product Type Underlying Type
Bond - Par Interest Rate
Equity linked - Phoenix Autocall Stocks Basket
Equity linked - Phoenix Autocall Commodities Basket
Equity linked - Reverse Cash Collect Stocks Basket
Equity linked - Tracker Stocks Basket
Equity linked - Tracker Single Stock
Fund Linked - Capital Protection ETF (US)
Fund Linked - Total Return Tracker ETF (UCITS)
Fund Linked - Tracker Fund
Fund Linked - Tracker ETF (US)
Fund Linked - Tracker ETF (UCITS)
Index Linked - Call Index
Index Linked - Capital Protection Index
Index Linked - Other Index & Stocks Basket
Index Linked - Tracker Index
1 Like

Thats very interesting, thanks for sharing.
from what I know, GraniteShares ETPs are index linked product.

As Tihomir and I will do a webinar about Physical vs Synthetic replication ETF/ETP in September, we can also ask our COO to do a webinar about the way GraniteShares ETPs are structured.

1 Like

Index linked products, like ETFs, mutual/investment funds, is something as marketing tool vs. official active managed products.

Smart Beta ETPs in particular and index ETPs in general are active managed products disguised as passive management products, because any kind of index can be made, with rebalancing conditions that suit the manager/ETP issuer needs.

Yesterday I read that Goldman Sachs have created a “crypto” ETF, in reality, it’s a simple equity ETF that invests in non-related blockchain or crypto, equity or tokens, despite is called: “Innovate DeFi and Blockchain Equity ETF”.

In an application filed Monday with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the US bank said it plans to use Solactive’s Decentralized Finance and Blockchain Index as a benchmark for its Goldman Sachs Innovate DeFi and Blockchain Equity ETF…

It is not clear which stocks are listed in the Solactive Decentralized Finance and Blockchain Index, as no index by that name is offered at the moment on the Frankfurt, Germany-based provider’s website. Cryptonews reported that Solactive told it that Goldman Sachs was actually referring to its Blockchain Technology Performance Index, which lists companies such as Accenture and Nokia.

1 Like

it seems that the ETP of the day is 3x Short UBER - 3SUB & 3SUP
(I am still on 3LTS Tesla :grin:)

1 Like

Go baby go. :smiley:

Today TSLA > +4%. Musk have read another message from you? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, even more +5% right now.
No need to write something to E.Musk… I just closed my trade. It is enough to make the maket going up… Unlunky man hahahahah :joy:

Joke aside, I closed my trade a bit before LSE closing.

Did you play today @Marc45 ?

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 15.07.38

:+1:

1 Like

unfortunately not today :unamused:
As RLX said, I am myself a good contrarian indicator :grin:

2 Likes

An interesting point of view of the dad’s FAANG

The ETP FAANG, FATANG and GAFAM seem to be gaining momentum at GraniteShares.
Growing interest from institutional investors in recent days

1 Like

Earnings of the week :sunglasses:

1 Like

On a fairly regular basis, we have “The Flying Stockman” posting analysis for GraniteShares on Twitter. Feel free to follow him on Twitter to get all his analysis :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I read a post on Reddit T212 community of someone that made 88K profit from 9k invested with 3x Tesla ETP, that’s an impressive performance.
Very risky bet that pay off a lot.

Any comment?

1 Like

How long did they hold for?

I’ve considered it myself a number of times, and even though i have very strong convictions on Tesla, have always chickened out.

I lost a large amount of realised profits (tens of thousands) last year from not taking them at the top, i was inexperienced and greedy and slowly watched stocks retrace almost back to my averages. It’s left a lasting fear.

1 Like

That’s a good question!
I read on a comment that he did not keep it for long term, so I guess he used the 3LTS 3x Tesla ETP for some momentum trades/buy the dip strategy.

I did it time to time when there is important price level or big announcement like the last earnings. However, I have one flaw … I cut the profits too early.
I bought at 35$ with a traget at 45$ and I sold my trade at 37$… and yesterday it reached 45$.

To find the good entry point is not easy but to find the exit point is even more difficult.
You can use basic technical analysis like Support & Resistance level.

2 Likes

Oh i see. Thats even more impressive if he was timing the market. I thought he had bought low with £9k, let it all run and held long.

1 Like