Invest & ISA - Account Funding Conditions Update

Yes, but I can’t change the currency of my already opened account or top it up in EUR since the currency is different.

I’m asking for one of the two:

• allow for me to switch account currency in EUR
    or
  • provide a means to transfer EUR even though my account currency is different.
1 Like

You can close your positions, close existing account and create new in EUR once t212 enables new account process.

That will create a taxable event, right?

It will appear on the tax statement at the end of the year as having made money from sale of stock.

Yes, it’s a taxable event, and this is a big hindrance for some of us.
I’d also prefer the option to switch my account currency to EUR.

@Tony.V @George Could you please provide an update on those critical features? SEPA direct debit and using free funds for AutoInvest? They are extremely necessary and they is no update on them for over a month.

8 Likes

Hi

Is there an update as to when autoinvest can take from available balance?

3 Likes

I also want to know about it, but it seems T212 team has gone quiet about it…

Not entirely surprised. First to get you hooked for free and then start charging for their service. Sounds familiar?

You can always use the free versions of depositing whilst you wait for a fix. It’s not the end of the world.

True. You can manually execute the invest but then it’s not “autoinvest” as it says on the tin anymore hehe

No, but needs must. I’m sure they’ll develop it as soon as they can. They understand the need for it.

1 Like

Nothing stopping them from saying so here though. This has been going for sometime with no response.

We understand how important this is. We had to prioritise critical performance optisations over it. We will get back to this feature as soon as we finish the optimisations.

1 Like

feature suggestion -

where you clearly mention the fees post £2k deposits, having a counter showing the balance left before being charged will be uber ultra insanely helpful. i’m sure a lot of people will agree here so that they can take max advantage of free card transfers and then revert to instant transfers.

It is already there if you tap on the £2,000 on the deposit funds part of the app. I missed it too until someone pointed it out.

2 Likes

:exploding_head:

would probably benefit more if it wasn’t hidden like an easter egg :stuck_out_tongue: but thanks for pointing it out buddy

Thanks for reply.

Is there a way I can check how much of my lifetime I have remaining? I cant seem to see this? This information I am assuming is available?

I have many pies, all with different amounts and timings. I think i’m very close to the limit but just dont know.

Thanks

@bmbm365 try what topher posted above you and it should tell you what you are looking for.

Update:

I am now in a situation I which I cannot fund my account without heavy fees:

• either I pay the credit card funding fee
  • or I’m subject to heavy bank transfer fees if I wire RON from EU to T212 UK account
  • or I’m subject to shite Barclay’s RON to EUR price quote if i wire EUR to the T212 UK account

Please prioritize one of the following:

• allowing users to change the account currency or allow transfer to a new T212 account in another currency
  • set up an EU entity to allow funding with EUR + SEPA and conversion to account currency at FX spot prices

I can’t believe that because I have my account in RON I’m now facing this issue.

3 Likes

try something like revolut or transferwise may be?