Renew ISA declaration

T212 seems to have old text for renewal of ISA declaration. It says 2023/2024 tax year. Point 4 on the declaration says “will not subscribe to another S&S ISA”.

Subscription to multilpe ISAs of same type for the current tax year is allowed now. Announced in the autum statement.

I hope T212 put up a new and valid renewal doc soon.

5 Likes

And add flexible ISA support :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Apologies for the mistake. We are aware of the mismatch and will be applying the changes promptly.

There’s no need to be concerned if you’ve already accepted the application - we will update our records internally.

2 Likes

Hi all just reading the ISA Declaration form:

“I have not subscribed and will not subscribe to another stocks and shares ISA in the
same tax year that I subscribe to this stocks and shares ISA;”

Does this mean I can have more than one ISA, I was of the understanding you could have more than one ISA under the new rules?

Many thank for any help, iain

Hi @7iain7 - I just moved your post here. Please check my reply above.

1 Like

So we can now have multiple ISAs with multiple brokers at the same time and add to all within the same tax year? Thanks.

Yes, the government announced this a few months ago.
However I can’t find an official update on HMRC’s website. I guess they may have simply removed the mentioned to the not being able to open more or fund more than one ISA of each type per year from their guidelines and that is it.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Point 1.2 at Tax-free savings newsletter 11 - GOV.UK

Interestingly, 1.3 suggests that brokers no longer need customers to agree an annual ISA declaration.

1 Like