Short term investment for 2021

I usually just buy in where possible rather than averaging but in this case just for the fact that I did literally no research whatsoever, I’ll buy in 25% increments. 500 is bought at the moment, I’ll have the 2k bought by the end of February.

I’m not sure what to expect really but lets see how it goes. My pie is Airbus, Boeing, easyJet, Royal Carribean, Carnival, Ryanair, Norweigan Cruise Line, Wizz Air Holdings, American Airlines, Spirit Airlines and Delta Airlines.

Gents, you are far to optimistic.

I have my bet on Lockdowns 3. & 4…

Things are just cooking up, we ain’t over with cold appetizer yet.

2 Likes

@Vedran @obrienciaran

As per Vedran above, I have to agree with him.

The pie is basically a fund and a fund needs diserfification.

You will be 100% in this sector, this is not advice just making an observation.

Below screenshot is from a fund on Morningstar.

I’m in Ireland, our government were very quick and strict with lockdowns. We’re on our 4th or 5th now!

@obrienciaran

Please watch this before making your decision

Decision on what? I don’t follow.

Regarding diserfification

Oh my pie? That decision took about 1 second to make after 5 seconds of ‘research’. It’s nothing serious. Just 2k I had lying around in spare change from the back of the couch. Just a wild punt is all this is :grimacing:

2 Likes

Uhmmmmmmm… so GSK 3.5% up at time of writing today haha, gotta love the markets. I am sure it will pull back in coming days/weeks (i hope as not done filling up).

Nice one!

I bought some GSK as well since why not

I read this today.

It seems, no going back to normalcy any time soon.

No one is safe until everyone is safe

For me that’s the main take home message from this article. I reckon a lot of people have the impression that once they’re vaccinated it’s back to business as usual for them, which simply isn’t the case. Here in Ireland, they’re hoping to have everyone vaccinated by Autumn, so it’s definitely going to be another year of working from home (and having free time to post on this forum) for the most part.

1 Like

Yes, but bottom line, from what I read, this vaccine works similar to flue shot, seasonal. So would that mean, from now on each year whole population needs vaccine indefinitely?

quite interesting reading on what the vaccine means for the travel industry but as it mentioned the phrase “Immunity passport” triggered something else in mind.

Do we know if the contract for the return of blue passport for British citizens will now be re-awarded back to de la rue now the UK has left the EU ?

This could be a game changer for the company once this happens, opportunity could be to buy the stock now at a depressed price

I would think COVID would mutate as it does now to easily transmissible but much less harmful strains, and then some people get yearly vaccines, this is what happens every year in UK with common flu pre COVID.

Well they never stopped the world for flu.
Even tho most figures pushed by CDC /WHO around covid are in ballpark of flu.

Historically though every so often there are stronger or weaker pandemics/outbreaks of new forms. I would argue this is a rare but not completely surprising pandemic. There were Asia isolated ones in last 10-20 years hence why they dealt with this one much better.

I own this share. It’s a long term one for me at moment but currently 20% down. Anyone else thinking of buying during its dip at moment or waiting to see how much it dips. Interested on knowing people’s thoughts. I’m not looking to sell. Im not sure wether to buy during dip or look elsewhere.