[Stock Request] Tencent [TCEHY or 0700.HK]

Tencent is a dominant player operating five main platforms: IM - QQ, Weixin, SNS, online game, media (self-media, microblog, video), and utilities (video browser, mobile browser). It owns the world’s third largest social platform with 90% penetration in China. It is the No.1 global leader in online games which owns 100% Riot Games and 84.3% Supercell. It is also the No.2 payments player competing with Alipay.

6 Likes

@Caius Tencent’s reach is quite impressive indeed. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to add it yet.
The main listing is in Hong Kong while the US one is on OTC Markets. Both are out of our current reach.

Nonetheless, OTC Markets are on the roadmap so expect TCEHY in the not too distant future.

4 Likes

Thanks David, it’s good to know we have it down the roadmap.

1 Like

Follow up @David
Tencent’s Holding Ltd is available to trade in CFD market, Ticker 0700.KY
I’m not sure .KY symbol after ticker as Hongkong should be SEHK or HK for short.

I’ll appreciate if you can share timeframes of OTC market on our roadmap.

@Caius OTC Markets will probably be live in Q2 of this year.

2 Likes

Tencent should be available on German stock exchanges as well (Frankfurt, Tradegate). Do you have access to there?

4 Likes

Gr8, looking fwd to it

I badly looking forward to buying the TCEHY too. Being a BAT (Baidu, Alibaba and Tencent) Stock, its a shame still Tencent is not available to buy. I hope we are able to buy Tencent soon in any of the NYSE or HK or Germany exchange.

1 Like

Any update on this please David?

2 Likes

further down the line I would assume as Coronavirus hit the world hard after that post was made and derailed a lot of things for everyone. perhaps open of Q4 or mid Q3 now.

Hi @David can you provide an update on this please? In addition will you be adding Hong Kong 50 among other stocks on this exchange?

Hi @David any update on this? Would be keen to trade Tencent also

2 Likes

Hi @David can you please share T212 roadmap / timeframe for OTC market?

Hi @david any update on this?

In the worlds of Solving The Money Problem channel on YT: “This MATTERS”. Tencent would be awesome.

@David

I’ve room for one last spot in the portfolio, ideally Tencent - any update?

1 Like

For those investors that want exposure to Tencent, but until Trading 212 add it, Prosus is a way to get exposure to Tencent, because Prosis have nearly 1/3 of Tencent. It´s stock traded in Amesterdam, Netherlands.

Could have more information in here;