Temporary BUY Restrictions on Illiquid OTC Penny Stocks

Thanks, Iā€™ve concern when you restrictions on oct stocks that not in debt and making revenue such as iqst,SurgePays Inc ,global battery metals now im losing money. Because 212 ,also im see alot users wanting to leave 212 concering this myself because looking forumā€™s of trading 212 you donā€™t respond to your customers and it shows lack of loyalty.

Other brokers arenā€™t doing . As customers we are even when change terms and conditions add more fees , gme manipulated by hedge funds short selling Synthetic shares no ones restricting them why ? Because their billionaire and we just retail investor its bit contradictory, we arenā€™t stupid.

3 Likes

You know what wouldā€™ve been great @Team212, a notice prior to each stock restrictions. 48hrs notice would be nice. After that you can do all you want to that stock.

I blame myself for believing in you guys, Iā€™ve learned my lesson, not from investing in OTC(Iā€™m happy with the risk), but for investing in you guys to handle the OTC.

5 Likes

That scenario is too good to be reality, unfortunely

1 Like

@Team212 Can we please get an update from you guys?

I personally have 6 instruments in my portfolio that are restricted. I donā€™t know what is going on behind the scenes and Iā€™m not going to speculate either, but if you guys need to restrict the stocks, thatā€™s fair enough.

Howeverā€¦ we are your customers and itā€™s clear reading back on this thread that we donā€™t really understand the explanations you have given us to date as to why these stocks are restricted. If your customers need more clarity, why are you not providing the clarity needed?

The fact that these stocks can be traded on other broker platforms isnā€™t helping your customers have faith in what youā€™re saying. If your customers are losing faith, that leads to losing trust and thatā€™s contrary to customer service 101.

I work in the technology industry, and from a customer service perspective, I know that often times, there are things you cannot tell your customers, but offering silence is not the solution either.

2 Likes

We can understand everyoneā€™s irritation; however, certain internal risk management decisions, which are not always the most popular ones, have to be made to ensure compliance with external regulations and requirements, imposed from our intermediary concerning these instruments and their trading volume.

On a side note : here is a really good insight on the matter, which might come in handy

We will aim to keep you posted on the matter to avoid any further speculation.

2 Likes

So its uncertain what could happenā€¦ we may be on auto sell mode or being restricted for 6-12 monthsā€¦

You guys might as well restrict Gamestop and Tesla.

4 Likes

They should restrict any stock that suddenly gets a volume of transaction above it averageā€¦ Funny daily volume on those stocks still above all time average.

3 Likes

@KnightSkunk far as I am aware, the reasons some stocks have temporary trading block, is because the regulator has asked for these to be placed on the market while they investigate irregular activity, not the platform. I have seen this across multiple platforms not just 212.

I havenā€™t seen any broker advertise ā€œSign up to us and buy Insert Stock hereā€ so its hardly false advertising.

What stocks were you looking to add to your portfolio, and what analysis did you base your decision on out of interest? The reason I ask - I havenā€™t seen any stock Iā€™ve been looking to purchase blocked.

5 Likes

@Dougal1984 Irregular activity from a broker that most volume came from, thats a very important aspect to not forget.

Question remains: when are we going to be able to buy again?

Thats what everybody wants to know. Question unanswered.

4 Likes

Letā€™s hope on 1st April will have some news regarding the OTC markets in the new terms and conditions. If notā€¦ then we have to consider if its better to sell an apple for 10$ or 0.5$

Any update on this as to what temporary means?

2 Likes

DGST , when will we be able to buy this?

1 Like

When will restrictions be lifted? How long is this going to go on for?

4 Likes

When will we get an update?

2 Likes

I canā€™t buy anymore NLST, it says it is set to sell only.
Can this be explained or corrected please?

@chad5k1 The close-only mode on NLST has been lifted.

thanks, noticed it was in close only mode when it was up 40%, couldnā€™t buy more, ended the day at 65% up :roll_eyes: and now the limit is removedā€¦

Itā€™s happened again! First I lost money of kwbt and now when you guys JUST introduced some new pennyā€™s, youā€™ve banned it again. Guys this is ridiculous and someone needs to be held accountable. Why canā€™t you guys just get your stuff together and let it be.

1 Like

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but does explain whatā€™s happening and why.