Temporary BUY Restrictions on Illiquid OTC Penny Stocks

I disagree, 212 have shown no willing to communicate updates or steps they have taken to try and resolve this issue for us customers. They have ignored requests within this thread for further explanation.

If its out of their hands fair enough, but at least communicate any actions or correspondence they taken to try and resolve the issue with IBKR. It would at least feel as if they were trying to sort the situation even if their hands are tied.

2 Likes

If they are progressing this with IBKR in the background, and IBKR are holding up any updates, they’re hardly going to come out and pan their vendor publicly over it. That’s bad business management.

And I can’t think of a single company that would divulge the details of their day-to-day operations (and that’s what vendor management is) to their customers. I’ve worked in Ops for plenty of companies, it’s not a done thing.

3 Likes

No news here ?How long should we wait ?

Don’t know, did you noise up IBKR like I suggested above or did you do nothing?

1 Like

To be honest I did nothing . I was waiting for somebody to post an update on the situation here .

Like I said here, we really need to put the pressure on IBKR to resolve the matter with T212. If they got hamered with as many queries as this thread does, perhaps they’d give a clear steer the next time T212 asked them what the latest on this matter was.

2 Likes

Let’s see what sort of pressure has been put on IBKR since my above suggestion

• I have contacted IBKR with the same questions
  • I haven’t tried contacting IBKR about this matter

0 voters

If we flood IBKR with requests, would T212 get in trouble because of us?
And is this whole thing solely because of IBKR, or someone one else is putting pressure on them to restrict T212?

@Joey_Fantana with all due respect I am a 212 customer, not an IBKR customer. Yes by proxy we are IBKR customers but reaching out to them will probably end in them directing us back to 212 for updates.

It’s 212’s responsibilitly to respond to it customers and give updates, yet they have decided not to do so in this thread for a while now.

Also even if hundreds of people reached out about this issue to IBKR, its no hardship for IBKR to copy and paste a standard reply back to those people saying speak to 212, and I doubt it would progress the situation further.

Now if 212 thought it would make a difference I might try it. But 212 don’t wish to update us further.

2 Likes

@VicVega - T212 are the client in this relationship, IBKR are the vendor, so I’d be surprised if there was any trouble. Most likely a pointed discussion at their next Service Delivery call, but to be fair T212 would be well within their rights to respond with “well best pull your fingers out and get this matter resolved”.

@Scott - I get what you’re saying but as I mentioned in my earlier posts I DID contact IBKR and they DID point me back at T212, which is fair enough. But from IBKR’s perspective there is only one client asking them for updates about this: T212. It’s their account with IBKR and they are only one voice.

However if we assault IBKR directly - even if we are hit with cut and paste responses - at least then they get a sense of the actual number of clients (by proxy) they are impacting.

Having sat in plenty of vendor service delivery meetings, I know how things can rumble on for months and months with a ‘carry over’ action, and this sounds exactly like that. So if the monthly response from IBKR is “there is no change”, then that’s all you’re going to get from T212. The wording they don’t wish to update us is not quite accurate in my view. I’m pretty sure they’d love to put this issue to bed.

Please note I hold no restricted instruments and have zero stake in any of this.

I’m just trying to help those that are by suggesting proactive ideas that cost them very little time.

4 Likes

Penny stocks have now been suspended for nearly 6 months, my investments have completely disintegrated and I’m sure many other investors have had the same issue. When will this suspension be lifted as I would like to purchase more.

There is no reason for these to still be suspended there is no increased validity anymore.

4 Likes

If your investments have disintegrated, perhaps you need to revisit your stock picking criteria, and entry point. Why have the stocks you have picked fallen in value, when most global stocks have risen?

The FTSE All World index has returned 13.5% year to date, and comes packaged in various ETFs/currencies.

@Dougal1984 thats a bit of a kick in the nuts whilst they are already down and bleeding

CourageousQuickItaliangreyhound-size_restricted

2 Likes

:grimacing: It’s never a good idea in 99.9% of cases to chase dead investments by adding in more expecting to win it back.

1 Like

3 Likes

Absolute rubbish. Lots of OTC buyers were doing so for very short term gains. That will have (in most cases) far out performed ETFs. They’re volatile stocks. Most won’t have been buying them as a long term investment. Something that the restrictions have forced upon the investors.

Don’t be condescending.

Aside from that it boggles my mind why 212 won’t let investors sell their holdings. Restricting buys makes more sense but really they should be placed in close only.

4 Likes

They ARE placed in close only.

1 Like

LLKFF isn’t. Its ‘temporarily’ suspended. Not close only.

1 Like

2 Likes

The suspension is on buying. So it’s the same thing as close-only.

You can sell if you like. No one can stop you from selling unless the regulator, the SEC, or another higher power has frozen dealing on the company. In that instance though, the broker has no choice but to comply.

2 Likes