The 212 Cash ISA is now live! šŸ”„

Which bank offers the fscs protection

1 Like

Most banks in the UK offer it NatWest for one

Can we transfer spare none invested cash from our Trading 212 Stock ISA to the Trading 212 Cash ISA and keep annual allowances intact and also back again later as needed?

How did you do that? I canā€™t see that feature in Trading212 S&S ISA to transfer over to the new Trading212 CashISA. I too want to shift spare cash in my T212 S&S ISA over to my new T212 CashISA.

Absolutely, your allowance wonā€™t be impacted as long as you repay the funds within the same tax year :+1:

You can do that, yes. To transfer funds between the two ISAs, go to Menu > Manage funds > Move funds. That should also answer your question, @Topbuzz.

2 Likes

its ok, I found it at last. In your T212 S&S ISA, go to Settings > Manage Funds , and at the bottom shows you the ability to shift cash from S&S ISA to Cash ISA.

3 Likes

Yes same here - it doesnā€™t seem correct. For example I have made no contributions into my ISA this tax year, therefore I should have Ā£20K allowance. As a test, I shifted Ā£1K of spare cash from my T212 S&S ISA over to my new, empty, T212 CashISA.
It now shows I have ā€˜usedā€™ Ā£1000 :frowning: . Yet it still shows Ā£20K remaining. This status is the same in both T212 ISAā€™s. So whats going on, its not clear.

2 Likes

A bit concerned by the reports here about S&S ISA ā†’ Cash ISA transfers ā€˜using upā€™ the allowance when it shouldnā€™t. Can someone from T212 confirm these are properly counted as ISA transfers and so donā€™t count towards the ISA allowance?

Hm I didnā€™t notice (but now do) that the remaining value is still accurate. It may just be a bad way of displaying it in that case.

In any case I raised this to the chat support yesterday and they said theyā€™re looking into it. Will see.

Hi bogi. I noticed the new cash ISA is fscs protected like a bank account. Which bank is offering the protection as t212 is not a bank

2 Likes

In the app go to the S&S ISA. Press the ā€œburgerā€ button (the 3 lines on top of each other) in the bottom right, then ā€œManage fundsā€, then youā€™ll see a button called ā€œMove fundsā€. But beware of this ISA allowance ā€œbugā€ that I saw. Maybe try it with a Ā£1 first and see if you get the same thing as I saw.

Yep you got it. This is what I see too!

I have a couple of questions:

1 - I can not see you on the ISA managers register as a cash ISA manager, please confirm when this will be updated? Registered Individual Savings Account (ISA) managers - GOV.UK

1. Is all of the money held in the cash ISA FSCS protected?

2. You say you can reduce the interest rate in 1 day but the regulations under BCOBS say you have to give at least 14 days notice - how do you justify this?

Welcome to the Community, @clearglass97 :wave:

The information will be updated shortly to reflect that weā€™re now a Cash ISA manager as well, along with the listed company address. Iā€™ll let you know as soon as the changes are live :pray:

Yes, all funds held in the Cash ISA are FSCS-protected.

The interest paid within the Trading 212 Cash ISA is a variable one, as indicated on our website and the marketing material used in our posts. This means that the interest rate can change at any time, in line with our Terms. As Trading 212 is not a bank or an e-money institution, nor do we conduct any deposit-taking activity, the BCOBS does not apply. Still, rest assured that weā€™ll do our best to give as much advance notice as possible regarding any changes in the applicable interest rate.

3 Likes

Do you publish which banks? So one could better understand how much of their money is ultimately stored in which banks for the purposes of the FSCS limit.

2 Likes

Hi,
I have a question.

Letā€™s suppose I have already contributed 20k to a cash ISA by another provider for the current tax year.

Now that ISA has paid some interest already so the total in that account is more than 20k.

The question is: if I want to transfer that ISA to T212 cash ISA, can I transfer 20k+interests? Or will this not be right because it exceeds the allowance for the year?

In other words do interests count towards the year allowance?

Thanks

My understanding is that from previous ISA allowances, the interests are included in the ISA wrap so you can transfer the whole packet (20k + interests) with no issues and all HMRC compliant.

2 Likes

Iā€™m interested in opening an ISA account with Trading 212, but I canā€™t find this company on the list of FSCS. Could you provide assistance with this?

You wonā€™t find it. Trading 212 inherits FSCS protection from itā€™s partner institution (a bank) Trading 212 is not a bank.

1 Like

You may want to update the language on the interest notification for the cash ISA.

They currently mention uninvested cash/funds which makes sense for a S&S ISA but not a cash oneā€¦

1 Like