The 212 Cash ISA is coming in May

Combine the benefits of high interest, no fees, and tax relief in one simple account - The 212 Cash ISA. Launching in May.

15 Likes

how is it different than holding cash in the current S&S ISA?

3 Likes

Yes how does this work with the stocks and shares ISA also?

Basically turning into a bank now lol

2 Likes

You can’t buy stocks with the cash in it.

2 Likes

I guess it’s the same as with uninvested cash in the stocks ISA, but without the QMMFs. So the same product that banks offer, but with higher interest.

1 Like

i meant apart from the obvious hehe

Is it flexible? If so, very competitive. If not, then I’m afraid no use to me at present.

2 Likes

Currently transfers between the Invest account and the current ISA account are very quick, it gets transferred within seconds.

Are you anticipating that transfers of cash between a T212 Cash ISA and a T212 Stocks and Shares ISA will be as fast as the current situation?

Are you guys planning on doing a beta/invite session for this or going straight main stream?

May or do you mean June :wink:

Funds in the Cash ISA will be held only in client money bank accounts, QMMFs will not be used. While QMMFs are considered to be cash-equivalent assets, if you want to earn interest without QMMFs, you’ll be able to do it through a Cash ISA.

Yes, you’ll be able to move cash instantly between your two Trading 212 ISAs via “move funds”.

We haven’t decided yet. I’ll let you know if there’s a beta testing :ok_hand:

7 Likes

For a second I thought it was a SIPP, I was so happy hahaha

2 Likes

thank you, that was a very helpful response. crystal clear now. 1 last question, is the plan to make it a flexible Cash ISA? you’d give pretty much everyone else a run for their money like you have with your core investing products!!

2 Likes

We will keep you posted. :wink:

6 Likes

alright thanks. look forward to this now that we can open multiple ISAs in a year. please think of me if you’re doing a beta, pretty please :grin: i’ll also throw the wifey in the mix if you want more testers :wink:

2 Likes

Funds in the Cash ISA will be held only in client money bank accounts, QMMFs will not be used. While QMMFs are considered to be cash-equivalent assets, if you want to earn interest without QMMFs, you’ll be able to do it through a Cash ISA.

How does this affect customers? It seems to me that the result would be the same, whether the funds are held in bank accounts or with QMMFs.

Is the portion of the uninvested funds held with QMMFs still covered by the FSCS? (My understanding is no and that’s the main difference I can see in practice)

With the T212 Cash ISA, client funds will only be held in bank accounts. Your funds are kept safe in a segregated account with a bank and are protected by the FSCS up to ÂŁ85,000.

Money placed with a QMMF is treated as an investment - not as money held with a bank. As with any investment, protection will not be available in the unlikely event that the QMMF fails to maintain its low-risk strategy. We carefully select all QMMFs to ensure that they are highly liquid, stable in value, and maintain their highly regulated status.

8 Likes

SIPP is the dream if it beats whats on the market. Love for trading212 to have all my business as then everything is in one place.

My savings, some spending, isa, gia are with them atm!

1 Like