Unusually large spreads

I ended up with just over £1,160 negative result and that was after closing 11 green trades

2 Likes

Christ. Your head would be wrecked.

The worst part for me is I was looking for that position I just mentioned and it was green, then suddenly the spread just widened and it was hugely red. Madness.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a forking nightmare indeed

Still no staff replies to a huge Help thread.

Manipulation by T212

Stop loss triggered with loss. Candle does not exist with that wick on my other brokers.

WTF.

Get everyone out, spread the word

1 Like

Posted this on your post mate. Happened before we got refunded. Get in touch with them

Does anyone happen to know where this information in the instrument tab is or has it been removed?

On the other hand, the ‘Target Spread’ section on each instrument’s information tab is what the spread amount would be for that instrument under normal market conditions.

Must have been removed. If you do a search on the forum there were people referencing the target spread around March.

Thanks, very convenient isn’t it - perhaps I can find cached copies.

Have @Team212 made any official statements about the issues raised in this topic yet?

Can anybody tell me what the spread on bitcoin (BTC) used to be prior to the FCA ban? It is currently about 230 on Trading 212, yet it’s only 130 on eToro. Also, the buy price is lower and the sell price is higher on eToro.

Earlier in the year, I evaluated both Trading 212 and eToro before deciding on a platform to trade cryptocurrency. At that time, it was considerably more expensive to buy bitcoin on eToro. Is this reversal a result of the issues you are all seeing with other instruments?

We removed the target spread section since it wasn’t accurate due to the higher volatility last months. Also, the section was liquidated months ago.

The increased spread was a result of extreme market conditions which especially affects leveraged financial instruments (CFDs)

Аll of the staff members are with Trading212 badge & there are no hidden employees in this community.

Just to clear, the increased spread was due to an adjustment to the base spread as confirmed by your customer care team.

This was undoubtedly the reaction to market conditions but the question is, are these extreme market conditions isolated to T212 due to overexposure, as indicated by comparisons between other brokers here?

6 Likes

Just a heads-up guys

Due to extreme market conditions, tomorrow, the 27th of November, at 15:30 GMT, we will temporarily raise the margin requirements for all CFDs on stocks to 50%.

I think my account will be wiped out with this

1 Like

Hey, at least they’re giving you an hour after American open to close your stuff manually, yay?

Can we get some transparency into the extreme market conditions as the only extreme I am seeing is the extreme damage to my account from all this!!

2 Likes

Is this true? I haven’t received any email or alert from T212 till now.
Are they not supposed to give enough notice for people to act?

1 Like

Thanks, Just saw that in notification section.

Ridiculous…

Bye bye T212.

1 Like

I loved this platform for being untraditionally flexible, reliable, having small spreads and acceptable swaps. However, yesterday after having a lot of glitches on the market opening time they’ve put limits onto most valuable and high-growth potential stocks limits. The swaps from yesterday and today are incredibly high, so I think the guys here are somewhat trying to persuade to close the long positions and not win. I am seriously thinking of switching a broker to something more reliable, which will not change everything in one moment without any notice. Let me know if you noticed the same things and we can talk about other platforms to switch to.

1 Like

They did leave a message about it lol lost nearly £2k yesterday with the mess of it all and stuck in two trades that spread is stupidly high so cannot close or be another loss. Yeah I think we are all feeling the same at this point.