£1 Minimum order value

@thebidols It’s not about not being able to invest £1, it’s there was no warning or notification about this change. Also, yes they may have said that they are making exceptions for stocks that regularly trade under £1, however, currently that’s outstanding. They should have had that feature ready and in place first. After all it’s people’s money. Don’t get me wrong, I love the platform and have defended it many times against many plebs on Facebook etc. And will continue to do so. But that still does not change my mind that this is a step backwards. Using the last of the change up to cost average down, reinvest a dividend or just buy a cheap stock has now been effected.

I’m not going to leave, but I did like to be able to reinvest my small dividends back in at say 0.01-0.1

So now say for shell I get 19p dividend I can’t reinvest that Unless I top it up to £1+ and now I have to pay tax on that on my UK shares. Which yes may only be a penny here and there but over 20y that’s going to add up and I pay enough tax as it is.

:slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t understand. Whether or not you can easily reinvest small dividend should have no effect on your dividend tax bill. Are you thinking there is some connection?

In any case, once you have received 19p six times you can reinvest the total. The losses due having to delay until you have accumulated £1 will be unnoticable, even over 20 years.

Can always invest more so your dividends reach £1 :grin:

But I think the change should have been communicated. A little bit more communication on these types of changes please :frowning:

1 Like

I was talking about the Stamp Duty you pay on any UK Shares you buy over £1.
It’s more annoying than anything and it’s done now and can’t see them changing it back now . so will just get on with it after twisting :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@David still no reply to the questions in this thread. I honestly can’t see that they are so unreasonable. Please can we have an answer to all the points rasied. Cheers

@RobK We know this isn’t perfect but we had to implement to solve some issues that we were having.
This will most likely not be a permanent change, we still prefer to have minimum quantities as low as 0.10 or 0.05. Pretty soon we’ll implement the ability to purchase single shares even if < 1.00.

Honestly, it’s just annoying for me when I try to put a Sell limit order. I always get this error and I have to try to work out how much I should sell manually instead of putting the full amount using the scroll bar.

1 Like