3x ETPs: Square / PayPal / Boeing and others

Hey @Jobloggs ~0.005% daily ongoing (all-in) costs.

@maver1ck - The issue with the order delays should be resolved. Pls let me know if there are any others.

Done, market order went through immediately.
Thank you for your work!

1 Like

Cheers mate. I might have a play with one :ok_hand:

1 Like

Give me 10x GME, I can’t lose my money fast enough with these :pensive:

2 Likes

Hi Oktay,

Many thanks for launching these great products.

Is it possible to launch the following products as well:

5x Nasdaq in £
5x Ftse 100 in £
5x S&p in £
5x Ftse 250 in £
5x Crude oil in £
5x Tesla in £
5x Airbnb in £
5x Scottish mortgage trust

Also 3x variants of above ETPs as well.

Also the equivalent of above ETPs in 5x short strategy.Also it will be great if you can launch these with smaller face value or allow fractional share trading. As we are small investors.

One of the challenges which I am facing with ETPs is the bid/ask spreads. ETPs are designed for single day trading but if bid ask is more than 1.5 % then the entire profit which we are trying to make in single day is wiped out because of spread. Can you please address this problem?

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: ok calm down there… 5x…

1 Like

Similar (5x) products are already available in Italian Market. Wisdom tree already have 5x products available for forex on t212. Also 10x products are available on t212 for guilts. Plus Nasdaq, FTSE and S&p are less volitile securities as compared to stocks like square/tesla/PayPal.
If you invest 100£ using a simple (1x) stock as compared to 20£ using a 5x ETP, you are taking same risk on both scenerios. As the money at risk in both cases is 100£ but 5x gives the opportunity for small investors like me to play 5x faster with just 20£ in pocket. These products makes investing worth our time and efforts for small investors as we usually have very little capital to invest.

1 Like

the risk is not the same…

the cash value of the position may be, but this is not the measure of risk.

on a 1x stock a £10 move is just 10% of the positions value. on a 5x stock, a £10 move is 50% of the positions value as you bought in with just £20 not £100. yes there are faster gains to be made, there are also faster losses.

if you don’t understand why the risk is different, you shouldn’t be using these products.

1 Like

Hi @Singlavipesh - thanks for the product suggestions, we’ll have these in mind! (3x Tesla in £ is already available btw)

You’re right, for things like currency pairs 5x may not be too much of a reach, but for single stocks it can become dangerous quite quickly. A 20% gap up/down isn’t that unlikely and would essentially wipe the product out overnight.

There are also traders that use these ETPs for swing trading, and compounding really starts taking a toll once the lev. factor is more than 3x over a choppy period (I can send some examples if you’d like).

About the spreads: These should get tighter over time, but I can ensure you that they are similar to all Leveraged ETPs/ETFs and are actually tighter a lot of the time (we manage this closely with our market maker the recent avg. is less than 0.90%).

The main reasons market makers have to slightly widen their spread is to protect themselves (especially during volatile times) - considering the leverage built-in and the fact that some underlyings trade in different time zones.

Hope this is useful! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can somebody give me an ELI5 breakdown of ETF vs ETN vs ETC vs ETP?

1 Like

Are ETPs liquid. Can I buy huge volumes

1 Like

Quick and simple answer:

ETFs, ETNs and ETCs are all ETPs (even Investment Trusts could be considered as ETPs)

ETFs are structured as funds.
ETNs and ETCs are debt-related instruments.

ETCs are dedicated to Commodities and Currencies. Usually physically-backed (e.g. Gold).
ETNs could have indexes, basket of assets, single-asset as underlying assets. It could be physically-backed or unsecured.

Source: ETPedia (for a matter of respect I don’t say the competitor’s name, but you could Google it, there are a PDF ebook and dedicated site page about it)

3 Likes

Trading 212 could separate all these instrument types for more searchable and tax reasons.

• Stocks
  • ETFs (funds)
  • Investment Trusts (funds)
  • ETNs (debt)
  • ETCs (debt)
  • Investment Funds (OEIC, Unit Trusts, SICAV, ICAV, FCP) → When they arrive to Trading 212
2 Likes

@obrienciaran ETP is the umbrella term that includes ETFs, ETNs, and ETCs. It’s like calling something a “vehicle”, whereas the others specify whether it’s a car, minivan, pickup, etc.

@RLX has a great explanation of each above - and indeed, the ETPedia is a great source for more details!

2 Likes

@JITHESHTG - Put simply, yes.

These products are open-ended (just like ETFs) - which means that the level of liquidity depends on the underlying stock(s).

So you can even buy £/€/$ millions worth in a single order without having to worry about liquidity. Let me know if you need more info.

What if there were also leverage/inverse ETPs on Ark ETFs?

It would be an alternative to European investors that don’t have access to the Ark ETFs (due to UCITS/PRIIPs). I suppose that the European investors would appreciate that very much.

1 Like

Hi @Oktay , it is posible to have 3x Argo Blockchain?

1 Like

How much additional fee added , what fees added on leverage ETP in comparison to original share on the stock market?

Could someone please share the light. the advantage of doing Leverage ETP (e.g. 2-5XETP) if you could easily do it yourself using CFD. I understand doing it yourself you could the management fee added on ETP. Also, with CFD you do it with some else money. Obviously, you will still need to pay it later but that is another discussion??

@RLX Now we’re getting creative! :wink:

This is something I have been pushing for internally for some time now, you’ll have more info when I do. As always, appreciate you sharing ideas. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Cocornel - I’ll check if this one meets our criteria for future S&L ETPs. Will let you know when I have an update :slight_smile:

1 Like