Best stocks for investing in Bio/Green packaging

Hi all. I am someone that with a two year old daughter really cares for our environment and more importantly for her future.
After reading about Jonnie Walker whiskies new packaging (link below) I would really like to get into some green packaging stocks that could do well in the future but am finding it difficult to find up and coming companies, so who would you wonderful T212 folk recommend I look into please, Any info would be awesome please?

Many thanks in advance if you can help
Davielovesgravy

2 Likes

Hi @Davielovesgravy,

The ones that I know of and listed on the LSE are: DS Smith, Mondi & Smurfit Kappa.

They all do packaging and claim to be environmentally conscious. So you will have to do your own research and decide for yourself.

1 Like

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.

Smurfit Kappa is interesting ---------have a look at there web site

1 Like

(Sharecast News) - Packaging firm Mondi has agreed to buy smaller rival DS Smith for ยฃ5.1bn.
In a joint statement after the close on Thursday, the firms said the agreement in principle has an implied value of 373p per DS Smith share, which is a premium of 33% to the closing share price on Thursday.

Under the terms of the deal, Mondi shareholders would own 54% of the combined entity, while DS Smith shareholders would own the rest.

Philip Yea would be chair, Andrew King would be the chief executive officer and Mike Powell would be the chief financial officer of the enlarged Mondi Group.

โ€œThe combination is an exciting opportunity to create a pan-European industry leader in paper-based sustainable packaging solutions, with complementary geographic footprints, leading customer relationships, a strong balance sheet and cash flow profile, and the potential to deliver substantial benefits to respective shareholders, customers, employees and related stakeholders,โ€ the companies said.

Key benefits to both sets of shareholders include increased exposure to structural growth trends in sustainable packaging; a highly complementary geographic footprint creating a leading player in corrugated packaging across Europe; and a market-leading, well located converting network, focused on delivering innovative solutions for customers.

So i own both packaging companies (Mondi & DS Smith), how is that going to play out on my T212 account?

Am guessing my DS smith shares will be liquidated for cash?

Graphic Packaging in the US is worth a mention though Iโ€™ve never look at its financials in detail. It makes alternatives for single-use plastic food and drink packaging.

I think these sorts of green companies have better business models than clean energy infrastructure. Itโ€™s why Iโ€™ve been buying IEM as its price has fallen and the discountโ€™s widened.

I hold Smurfit Kappa and it seems to be doing well these last few months as they are also merging with Westrock.