I hope you have a clearer idea than me, I have started investing only 6 weeks ago and I have been adjusting the portfolio almost daily up to now. I understand that I have entered the market in the most volatile time it had somehow shocked me at first (mentally and economically) and I have been caught in this FOMO even though I have controlled it somehow (a part of my investment on T212 is NOW finally in Bonds/ETF and OIL commodity, plus some consumer staples stocks all of these instruments are meant for the long term).
Long story short, I have been up to a 5% Profit since I started 6 weeks ago up to yesterday when the market had a correction and I ended up (while sleeping, I am in Indonesia the time zone is different I can’t follow the stocks all night long but probably is a good thing otherwise I might have ended up panic selling and I see the post-market many stocks bounced somewhat back ) with a tiny 1.8%. I am sure many out there made bigger profits since March lows however I couldn’t join the good times for investors from March until the end of May as I started investing just 6 weeks ago.
My concern is more regarding the next future in the meaning of many saying the market will crash it will happen, it will not happen, sell the rip don’t buy the dip buy the dip, hold for the long term, don’t worry the swings, OMG sell sell sell! I am kind of slightly confused in light of this, and I wonder shall I hold to my investment (except the above mentioned Bonds,ETFs etc for long term already part of the plan) or for example sell now (or when?? Shall I wait after the earning reports that from my point of view will be positive for many tech companies meaning that I can get some more profit waiting?) before they eventually crash that for me will mean a much IRONIC thing as I bought high already? I believe I bought high but they might go higher and they are going higher especially the type of stocks I put most of my investment on (Google, FB, MSFT, ADOBE,ZOOM) to mention some.
OR shall I sell now with my little profit and buy the “momentum stocks” like Nio or Tesla or IPOs or whatever is coming then sell them after a while making profits and going back (maybe after a couple of months) to buy the big Tech companies following the kind of “traditional long term investment” which I actually started with in mind 6 weeks ago?
I don’t have a financial advisor neither I will get one, I believe I can find the right information through the internet with the right tools and pages.
If you guys can share your thoughts about this it would be great, I am sure many of you have a wider experience and different opinions, I will definitely keep doing my researches/studies to make the most rational decision however it will be greatly appreciated your help at least knowing what is your ideas related to the current market and the “normal” market conditions in general.