Can you create Vanguard's Global All Cap in T212 (Newbie Friendly)

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed answer.

Since you are so knowledgeable on this subject, could you explain the tax position for dividends from Nordic American Tankers (NAT) please?

It’s been explained to me that, since they are based in Bermuda, there is no withholding tax, so I receive the full amount of the dividend. I hold the shares in an ISA so am I right in saying that I don’t need to worry about tax?

If I held them in a taxable account, would I pay the tax rates described in your post?

Yes. Any income or gains in an ISA comes free of tax. But you can only hold funds and ETFs that have UK reporting fund status.

NAT is a listed share and so can be held in an ISA. In a taxable account you start to pay tax once your dividend income exceeds £2000.

1 Like

Does that mean there are some funds in INVEST that don’t exist in ISA? Is there an easy way to find them?

Unlikely. I think all UCITS funds are UK reporting. The most likely way that an investor can wind up holding non reporting funds is when they transfer in from a US broker where they have been bought. But this cannot happen on Trading 212.

Yeah I’ve been using Vanguard quite a bit to find out as much as I can. I really like using HL too.

Ah okay so it is broken down then I just see so many stocks and feel overwhelmed (well I did, not too much now as I feel at this moment happy with my selection) I definitely could have just bought the one vanguard to cover the world but I preferred being able to split out my deposit monthly where I feel like it should go, but feeling and knowing has been the crux. Feel slightly more confident in my weights now :slightly_smiling_face:

This is such an interesting watch and totally verifies (not that I ever doubted) all the advice I’ve been given :grinning::grinning:

I don’t want to keep bombarding other peoples threads, if you prefer I can open a new thread? :blush: keep it all contained in another place as I don’t want to ruin the topic entirely.

Just wanted to ask others opinions on this portfolio layout…