Trading 212 as long term indexing platform

Hi all,

Iā€™m relatively new to T212. I was drawn to the platform by the zero fee model and great Pie/Autoinvest features.

Iā€™m essentially a long term investor focused only on broad indexing via ETFs at low cost.

T212 almost seems too good to be true. My total investment cost via a portfolio of global of ETFs is 0.12%, of course with no platform fee. Vanguard, Fidelity, Interactive Investor etc just canā€™t compete.

So my questionā€¦are there any specific risks that people see related to T212 in the long term? What about long term viability? Why doesnā€™t everybody just switch to T212?

Interested in any thoughts.

Cheers,
Leo

1 Like

I think although T212 has been going for many years (I think itā€™s like 14years) the whole app is still being developed and in that new period. The last couple years has seen massive growth so I can see that growing quite rapidly with the whole anyone can be a retail trader with minimal knowledge and no fees.

Once they add additional exchanges and OTC, sort out after hours tradings and LV2 access, Options and a few other things itā€™s going to get a lot more eyes on it.

T212 is essentially still piggybacking on IB which I think is in the top five worldā€™s biggest brokers so that platform isnā€™t going away.

T212 are also profitable every year so itā€™s looking good for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Thanks, what you describe is quite reassuring.

I hope more people pay attention to T212. As far as I can see no other UK platforms implement anything like ā€˜Pieā€™. The ease of rebalancing etc is so good.

1 Like