CFD Position automatically closed without the share hitting the price - ✅ Solved

Cool, thanks for the update!

1 Like

Is there a bit of work being done behind the scenes to filter out these types of quotes?

Today my other $ account where I trade CFD.
Had 2 unusual SELL position of Moderna opened my system. Screenshot attached!
20200617_101011|375x500

I know similar situation happened earlier this week when some of our community members came up and shared information on system generation sell order or position were closed my system and Trading212 handle the situation very well and in transprance manner and compensation where it was due.

Today my account had a similar issue where my position were not closed but SELL order were created in CFD account and that was not me but the T212 system. This is showing Red not by much, something I can easily digest. I have lost few thousand in CFD with £ account so I’m sure T212 can check my account history. But customer service where I contacted to investigate this matter said all order were created from same IP address??? Which is not True.

I trusted T212 over Freetrade where I’m an investor and other brokers as T212 been more professional and transparent with their Approach. Ill request one more time for T212 to investigate this matter in more transparent manner, it’s not about money made or lost but all about justice and faulty software bug.

I have huge portfolio spread in my £ account between Invest & ISA. Approx £30k
My $ account which is approx $10k

No doubt T212 is on right path to be best of best in brokerage but small things as such is when customer loyalty is broken.
I’ll sell all shares and move to different broker if I’m not compensated my correct funds and in long run this bug should be tracked and eliminated.

Hi there. Are people still waiting for their accounts to be funded? It’s been a week for me and I still haven’t seen anything beyond the generic email response.

I’m taking loss and closing the position, it’s time T212 to act as a responsible brokerage.

@Cai-X A position cannot be opened on our end. I suspected that you may have clicked unintentionally, yet further details can be provided only via ticket.

As of the position closing - can it be due to insufficient funds? Send me over your ticket number please, and I’ll be able to elaborate further.

@swest93 I’m still waiting, over a week now. Haven’t got a reply yet, neither here neither to my ticket apart from the same generic email response. I imagine they might still be busy since their customer base grew and fast(half a mil) and this might have happened to quite a few people so i will give it a bit more time i guess but if I’m ignored for another week or two i will have to contact FOS unfortunately. The issue here then becomes, credibility, especially on the possibility of this happening again and no response/compensation again.

Yes, into week 5 now and still no credit but the y try to label ME the bad guy when I become irate (see previous comments & responses on this thread and you’ll see), it’s almost laughable

@Tony.V thankyou for a prompt reply…
I dont want this to look like a personal drama.

Position
POS267897029
POS267897565

But I will remimd again, those two SELL position on Modena were not opened by me. I can not further elaborate enough. If I didn’t open the position than I didn’t.

As far as closing those 2 position is, I closed them myself to minimize the loss and save guardian my other position. Thanking T212 you untimely GIFT.

Hello! I’ll look into it.

@Izk I just looked at your case & added the reimbursement. Apologies for the delay.

2 Likes

I’ve just checked all the logins connected to your account. I can confirm that those positions are opened & closed by the same mobile device & IP.

Above you confirm that you were about to close the positions in question. Subsequently, you closed the position from the same device & IP that was used to open the respective positions. There’s nothing else that we can do from our end regarding the investigation - it’s case closed for us.

@David Confirmed, thank you.

Hi, I haven’t had a reply from the email contact for a while regarding this issue. Could someone just confirm whether the rectification is ongoing?
Thanks

@Martin @David
Hi,
I don’t like to dredge up age old topics, but I am still waiting to hear back about the premature CFD closure. I have emailed a couple of times since my last message on here and provided position number as requested then not had any further contact. I understand my loss was fractions of what others experienced, however I’d still like the loss to be rectified on the principle of the matter.
Can anyone help with this? Thanks

1 Like

@BigD I do see that you were reimbursed on the 11th for the position that was affected. Perhaps you’d like to private message me with additional details?

Thanks for your reply David. There were 2 positions. I’ll message you

Technical error on the 9th of June with spreads levels of several UK CFDs instruments causing enormous spikes resulted in a loss of around 2400GBP, after most positions closed.

1700GBP has been refunded almost instantaneously, however I would like for the remaining 700GBP to be accounted for as well. These positions would not have closed if it was not for the technical error which took the account to below 25% margin, 4 times in quick succession wiping a total of around 2400GBP.

You might want to create a support ticket for that if you haven’t already.

Ofc why are you waiting until almost October to mention it?

If I felt like £700 was missing I’d be right on that back in June. :neutral_face:

Were you refunded the 1700GBP on the 9th June? Or just now?