[CFD] Upcoming Increase in Margin Requirements - postponed for 01.12.2020

Hey this is on a cfd account

How much would I require in account balance to deal with the pointless margin change ? Thankyou

If you are trading using CFDs you have this in your account. When the bar hits the ā€œposition will be closedā€ mark then all your positions will be close even if some are green and some are red.

1 Like

So basically this leverage change will turn my 4x profit (and growing Ā£200 daily) into a dead account ?

2 Likes

If your 200 shares at a buy of Ā£20 each the full cost would be Ā£4000 but your margin cost is only Ā£800 due to 5:1 leverage.
They will now represent a cost of Ā£2000.

So when the margin changes youā€™re account will not be solvent but it shouldnā€™t force your positions to be closed. If you wanted to get back to having free funds youā€™ll need an extra Ā£300 or so.

My advice would to close now and put the money into invested shares not CFD.

Yeah, and thatā€™s IF youā€™re in the green.

Is the time set by the U.K time zone??

3:30GMT, so, 3:30pm tomorrow, UK time.

1 Like

If your account health was at 50% with blocked funds equal to the account value, and you had Ā£1000 of blocked funds, you would need to add an extra Ā£1500 to maintain the account at 50%

This is awful, a dayā€™s noticeā€¦Should be giving at least a month Iā€™d say.

7 Likes

The stock I bought into was Ā£9 a share and is now Ā£29 a share so I will not be reinvesting into it. Very very annoyed and seems this is a tactic to clear all of us small time traders off the app - offered a 1:300 leverage 30 days ago for it to go down to a 1:2 leverage with one day warning is totally unprofessional and misleading

4 Likes

Based on this posters specific situation. Seems like a nice profit so far.

If your instruments are in a dip, or the profit you had last week is wiped out by the crazy spread. Youā€™re screwed.

1 Like

Yup. A weekā€™s notice would have been nice.

3 Likes

Am i screwed
Can this bee we challenged

3 Likes

You will need Ā£34000 to get back to the green after 15:30 tomorrow.

Or you will need at a bare minimum Ā£9344 to keep the account health at 25% or above to avoid instant closure of some positions.

1 Like

Ahah wow, thatā€™s not gonna happen! I put a months rent into this

@Zahoorss
I am not a financial advisor so donā€™t take my word for it but hope this helps: If you have more that 1 trade open have a look and see if you can close some of them (the ones that give you the least amount of loss to you account). This way you can free ups some funds for tomorrow and see if the remaining trades are profitable during the day and close them then.

You are already below the margin call so you definitely need to do something :thinking:

Samuel leach warned me that 212 would eventually screw everyone over but I didnā€™t want to believe it.

4 Likes