Difference between Trading 212's two companies

Hello,

I see that Trading 212 is actually a trading name of Trading 212 UK Ltd. and Trading 212 Ltd.

Trading 212 UK Ltd. is registered in England and Wales (Register number 8590005), with a registered address 43-45 Dorset Street, London, W1U 7NA. Trading 212 UK Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Register number 609146).

Trading 212 Ltd. is registered in Bulgaria (Register number 201659500). Trading 212 Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Supervision Commission (Register number RG-03-0237).

May I know what are the differences between these two companies? If I trade from Italy, for example, which company applies to me, if any? And what would be different for me?

Thank you.

5 Likes

Greetings,

Currently all trading accounts (including yours) are opened under our UK brokerage. There is literally no difference in the trading experience and conditions for both companies and we are maintaining both operational to make sure that we always have an EU based entity.

2 Likes

So assuming brexit happens, this would mean all EU customers would be moved to the legal entity of Bulgaria?

If yes, would that change the deposit guarantee from 85K pounds to the european standard?

There are no plans to move any customers from one entity to another. Our efforts are directed to making sure that traders are provided with a chance to avoid disruptions, not the other way around.

3 Likes

So what will happen in the case of a no deal Brexit? No change as you have no plans to move customers from one entity to another?

Currently we are working on all possible solutions. Nevertheless there are still many details which are to be clarified in relation to the Brexit. We will keep you posted when updates are available. More discussion on this topic could be found here - How will Brexit affect Trading 212? Still FCA regulated?

6 Likes

Thanks Michael for replying and keeping communication alive.

One thing I can suggest, and I feel that this sentiment is shared among many customers, avoid the move to Bulgaria if the time comes. Instead actively try to evaluate and work toward moving to some other EU country that provides solid regulation and protection to customer (such as Netherlands, Luxembourg or Germany just to mention a few).

This would benefit us as customers at least as much as it would benefit Trading 212 as a company. Just my 2 cents though!

14 Likes

You can add my 2 cents to that suggestion as well :smiley:

3 Likes

Mine too, and very good points @tsukeyomi

1 Like

Does someone has some updates now with this Brexit deal if something will change regarding regulations for EU customers?!

Seach the forum for “Brexit”. you will find a lot of information.

No Brexit didn’t change anything. @team212 didn’t transfer us to a continental entity for what I’ve understood. So we are still in a business as usual configuration, onboard with T212 UK.