Europe Dividend Tax by Country

To regards to 15% Tax on US Dividends.

Would this apply for the LSE stock ROSN?

It’s in USD so slightly confused.

I’m using an ISA BTW.

Thanks

Hey,

I’m not 100% sure, but the LSE website says the shares are registered in the US. However it isn’t on any US exchanges, only London and Moscow. So my instinct tells me you don’t owe withholding tax but maybe @Richard.W could help with this?

1 Like

US withholding tax is charged when the company is headquartered in the US. So I would not expect RSON to have it.

2 Likes

@Richard.W @CavanHaganInvesting

Thanks guys :blush:

1 Like

Still confused after many replies about dividend tax for non Uk residents, I see deduction 15% on dividends for US stocks. How can I as non UK / European resident claim it back ? I already declare my holdings and pay tax on my profits. But it seems I am double taxed as trading 212 is holding the dividend tax of 15% which is not the tax rule applicable for my country

1 Like

Try to get in touch with the fiscal body in your country and they should be able to clarify.
Or ring another broker in your country and they will answer 100% correct.

What country are you. If the uk has 15% tax for what I presume is US dividends, I would be surprised another country has a better deal.

Netherlands, where you pay tax based on the tax free capital where dividend income falls under or over 5% shares in a company. As long as your under the tax free capital you dont pay where debt payments etc are decuted off.

1 Like

Cool might have to move there :sunglasses:

Article 10 2 (b) of the Netherlands-US tax treaty says that the US can deduct 15% on US company dividends. Same deal as for UK investors.

You cannot claim back the US tax. But if you owe any Netherlands tax on the dividends then you can probably take a tax credit for the US tax you have paid. If you don’t owe any Netherlands tax, too bad. The US has made you contribute to the US government.

1 Like

I guess that some thing indeed to do . is there a statement that we can get from Trading 212 on teh amount of tax that is withheld.