Feedback on a 10 year plan im thinking

never said its a guarantee, it is something that i see as a risk and potential reward…

I feel i can grow my capital alot quicker in some of the companies ive mentioned than ones that pay a dividend but are usually in the red year in and out.

If i had 50k+ then i would agree with you but with limited funds i see a very slow proguession into dividends payouts currently id rather grow my capital 1st so that shiffting into dividends payments becomes worthy…

just imo

1 Like

different values, different standards.

I read the post and it certainly didn’t sound like the returns were expected. They were taking measures they decided were within their risk tolerance based on personal experiences.

Lets at least remember that no matter which of the markets you look at, FTSE100, S&P 500 etc, the top handful of companies are responsible for the majority of that markets wealth and growth. choosing to invest in these manually is not a bad decision as they have an exit strategy in mind.

Plans are just plans and are open to change, if something happens I expect to see @GDario88 make moves to limit the risk and damage. the 10-year goal sound a little optimistic to me but better to be reasonably optimistic than pessimistic.

Like how some people aren’t secure unless they have 30+ companies to spread over, I wouldn’t be secure with more than 15 as I would spread myself too thin. It’s a matter of perspective for the individual to decide.

My young son started creating his retirement portfolio starting October 2019. He started with a couple of bucks, he is investing at least $500 a month. He found fractional shares very valuable in creating a well diversified portfolio of 20+ stocks, to reduce non-systemic risk. Now he receives around $50-60 a month dividends. Not bad for less than a year.

1 Like

Fractional shares have done amazing things for getting people started with lower levels of capital available.

2 Likes

Goodness, is that even a question we need to be mindfull of?

Diversification for maintaining wealth, and concentration for growing wealth.
If you are buying 30-40 stocks, it’s hard to expect to beat the market

1 Like

What platform do you use to day trade? Fee free
I think your day trading idea is good.
But its all about asset allocation. Never go all in on a punt. Scap 1% aday for 30days is a good profit.
I’m also interested in day trading. Can you give me some pointers

Honestly UK has some crap platforms for day trading in comparison to US.

But its mainly Trading212 and Interactice Brokers (IBKR) but you still limited in terms of day trading unless you buy today and sell tomorrow

Better off putting it in a global etf and leaving it alone

Wow! If I can ask: how much capital has he invested so far? And in which companies in order to get such large dividends? I’m getting only a few coins every 6 months from my companies…I thought that to have 50/60 bucks every month you had to invest quite a big capital (like 100K or more)

It depends on yield of stocks in porfolio.

Let’s say 4% average dividend yield of entire porfolio, after tax(15% US witholding) 3.6% yield, you would need about 17k invested for 50$ a month.

Now that is averaged out, as most US companies pay quarterly, you might have some months with higher then 50$ some lower then 50$…

1 Like

He invested around $7000 till now. AGNC,ARR,MO,AM,GEO,IRM,NLY,ARCC,T, some of his picks.

1 Like

Can I check I understand you are putting in 10k now and expecting to have 1.3m in 10 years to get the 65k dividends you are looking for… I assume you will be putting in 5k a month as a minimum then. Your 10% stake in day trading will become worth 130k I would be a little concerned personally once at those levels.

Wow. So he’s a junior dividend investor!?

1 Like

Yes, haha, he finds it very interesting too !

Hats off to the lad. Dividend investing is an odd choice for someone that age, but each to their own. He got some interesting picks there. Altria is a hugely unfashionable stock (for good reasons imo). You might have a small contrarian on your hands! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Huge and unfashionable with a bloody big yield. :wink:

1 Like

Yes. Indeed a lot of the stock picks there look like what someone might get if they just typed “bloody big dividend yield stocks” into Google and bought the first stuff that came up. Sometimes simplicity is the best strategy.

2 Likes

Absolutely - half tempted myself. :smiley:

Not going to see much growth, but in terms of passive income earning, you can’t go wrong with any of these;

Got a couple myself.

1 Like

I’ve looked at a few. W.P. Carey, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Enbridge specifically. Haven’t got over the line with either, though. Yet…

1 Like