HSBC FTSE All World Index

Hello you very wonderful and intelligent individuals that make up this forum. I sincerely hope everything is going well for you.

I have kindly been recommended to have the HSBC FTSE All-World Index (Class C - Accumulation (GBP) into my portfolio. As there is not as much risk as holding an individual stock. You are having your hopes that the economy will grow throughout the next few years. For most of 2022 and 2023 the stock has mainly traded sideways after showing alot of growth from 2020. I kindly wondered please what your thoughts are for 2024, since hopefully many countries will hopefully avoid a recession particular the US and UK, do you think we could see some growth in this Index Fund please? If anyone kindly had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful it would mean the world to me and be highly appreciated.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i truly hope you continue to have a wonderful life and achieve all your business goals. Very best wishes to you.

I see world Index funds/etf as pension pot and actually most of our pensions are in it by default :rofl:

I wouldnโ€™t care what happens in 2024 or any year when invested in one of those funds/etf simply cos itโ€™s got my pension already. :wink:

That particular asset in an OEIC so you wont get it on Trading212.

It is a FTSE All World tracker so youโ€™re biggest positions will be Apple, Microsoft, Nvidia etcโ€ฆ

So if you want to hold it on T212 then probably just buy VWRL from Vanguard that tracks the same index

https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/investments/vanguard-ftse-all-world-ucits-etf-usd-distributing/portfolio-data

Yes, much lower risk than stocks.

Growth? Doesnโ€™t matter that much what I think as Global markets on an average-average-average basis rise about 5-7% per year IF you hold for at least a few years. So its down to your timelines.

1 Like

The majority of your long-term money should probably be in a tracker like this. That way, you keep costs low and guarantee yourself the same return as global markets minus a small fee.

1 Like

You could also consider HSBC MSCI World UCITS ETF (USD) HMWO
It has outperformed the likes of VWRL over the last 5 years and has a lower overall cost.